Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 Now with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update [Guide]
By Ryan Inoyori | April 12, 2013 10:40 AM EST
More devices are receiving Jelly Bean treatment after the release of Samsung Galaxy S4, and one of these devices is the Galaxy Ace 2. Galaxy Ace 2 has a Jelly Bean update available with firmware version XXMC8.
The official XXMC8 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware will include features such as Project Butter for butter-like smoothness, Google Now and many more unique to Galaxy devices.
Here is the guide on how to update your Galaxy Ace 2 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
Warning: This flashing process will delete all personal information and data files on your phone. Developers are not responsible for any damages which may occur on your device, do this at your own risk. This update is designed for Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 with model number I8160, never try to flash this firmware to any other device or any other Ace devices.
1. The battery level must be at least 70 per cent to prevent power interruption.
2. Create a backup for all personal information and data files on your device.
3. Turn off any firewall or antivirus on your computer to avoid any problems.
4. Install Samsung Kies on your computer.
1. Extract both the Jelly Bean firmware and Odin tool zip files on your computer.
2. Switch off the Galaxy Ace 2 and reboot it into download mode. Press Volume down + Volume Up + Home keys at the same time.
3. Connect your phone to the computer via USB cable.
4. Launch the Odin tool on your computer. The tool must display "added" which means that the device is detected, otherwise switch to another USB port or double if you have Samsung Kies.
5. Click the PDA button and select the I8160XXMC8_I8160TMNMC3_TMN.tar.md5 file.
6. Check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time if enabled. Do not click anywhere else on Odin tool.
7. Click the Start button to begin installation.
8. Wait for 3-5 minutes until the installation completes. The phone will automatically restarts after a successful flashing.
9. Disconnect the device once Odin tool displays "Pass."
If you get stuck with boot loop, remove the battery, reinsert it and reboot the device to Recovery mode. Press Volume up + Power + Home keys simultaneously. In the recovery mode, select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partitions" to clear all data inside the phone, then select "reboot system now."
Congratulations! Your Galaxy Ace 2 is now running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft