iPad 5, iPad Mini 2 Release Date Delayed for Mac Pro Launch?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 10, 2013 1:39 PM EST
Reports said that Apple is about to launch a refresh of its Mac Pro range. According to sources quoted by Mac Daily News, the exact specifics of the Mac Pro update are something of a mystery, but we could see the revamp take place as early as this month.
Apple's desktop PC range has taken something of a back seat over recent years as the iPad, iPhone and MacBook products have all grown significantly in popularity and it is still performing reasonably well.
Various industry sources have come forward to suggest that for reasons deliberate or otherwise, the iPhone 5S release date has been pushed back to the fall and by rights will NOT arrive at the same time as the two new 2013 iPads.
Moreover, reports claimed that Apple's tablet will not hit the shelves this month as production will only begin this July and the company is eyeing a release date later this year. According to sources, the iPad 5 will enter production sometime during July or August, presumably setting up a launch during late September or early October.
Rumour has it that iPad Mini 2 will feature a screen with a resolution of 2048 x 1536. This is almost four times the resolution of the present iPad Mini and is equal to the fourth generation iPad which was released along with the iPad Mini last year. AU Optronics has been rumoured to be making displays for the iPad Mini 2.
Other specs include a more powerful dual core A7 processor and a 7.9 inch screen. It will also feature a 10-hour battery life, a FaceTime HD camera, and an iSight camera with 1080 pixels HD video recording. Apple is also trying to reduce the thickness of the iPad Mini 2 by using the Sharp's IGZO (indium gallium zinc oxide) technology in its screens.
The iPad 5, on the other hand, is rumoured to have no bezels, and the whole form factor has been made sleeker. Horowitz believes this design indicates that Apple will be calling on Sharp's IGZO screen technology. Sharp, however, according to Horowitz, has been struggling, and its ability to deliver components on time will play a key role in the release of the next iPad.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced