UFO Sightings: Triangle-Shaped Mass of Lights Spotted in Houston, Texas
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 10, 2013 12:33 PM EST
In the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) database, an unnamed witness reported spotting "very large triangle-shaped mass of lights moving very swiftly from southeast to northeast in a straight line" in Houston, Texas on Sunday, April 7. The witness revealed the UFO sighting occurred at around 3:33 a.m. in the backyard.
"The wide end of the triangle was in the front and the narrow end was at the back. At least 12 circular lights. Object looked almost translucent like it had no color to it except the lights which were a dull white. I lost sight of it very quickly," the witness recounted.
The witness further added that the unidentified flying object appeared to be soundless. "If I had to guess the size, it was easily a half a city block long," the witness stated. Unfortunately, the witness was not able to provide any image or video on the UFO sighting filed as Case No. 46653 at MUFON's witness database.
On April 4, the National UFO ALERT Rating System has been updated and Texas was given the UFO Alert 3 rating. MUFON released as well the statistics of the highest reporting states that filed UFO sightings for the month of March.
California is at the top spot with 59 UFO sighting cases filed followed by Florida with 30 cases then New York with 26 cases and Texas recorded 26 cases. The states with UFO Alert 4 rating with over 13 UFO sighting cases reported include Michigan, Arizona, Washington, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Oregon.
The UFO cases filed in these states range from unidentified entities observed as either landings, object suspension in the air or takeoffs. UFO sightings occur randomly in different locations and the alert rating system plus statistics provide information as to where the witnesses encountered the incident and how often at a certain period of time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Fears Cause Hysteria In United States And Around The World
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess All Smiles In First Public Appearance, Sickness Seems Over
- Baby Corpses Found in Storage Locker in Canada
- Woman Stuck In Chimney: Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa Arrested For Attempted Break-In After Rescue Team Pulls Stuck Woman Out Of Chimney
- ISIS Taking U.S.-Airdropped Weapons An 'Embarrassment'; Another Yazidi Massacre Looming [VIDEO]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop