Ashley Tisdale Poses Topless For Maxim Shoot
By Jill Heller | April 10, 2013 5:08 AM EST
Ashley Tisdale firmly set aside her Disney Channel image in a sexy new photo shoot for the May issue of Maxim.
The former Disney Channel star, who recently wrapped up filming for “Scary Movie 5,” posed topless on the cover of the magazine in what is arguably her sexiest cover ever. [View the rest of the photos here.]
Since rising to fame with Disney in shows like “The Suite Life of Zack and Cody” and the TV movie “High School Musical,” Tisdale has continued to take on projects targeted to a teen audience. In “Scary Movie 5” she got the chance to act opposite another former child star, Lindsay Lohan.
“I think Lindsay’s great!” Tisdale said of working with the troubled actress. “There were so many cameos, and that’s what I love about these movies. They’d write a scene, then look for cameos, and they’d just pop in and do it. It was, like, Whoa, Mike Tyson’s here, and that wasn’t even planned!”
Tisdale, who is currently dating Christopher French of Annie Automatic, opened up about what attracts her in her relationships, admitting she’s often drawn to stereotypical “bad boys.” "There's definitely a thing where I like the dark, mysterious bad boy,” she said. “[Although I'm not opposed to] surfer, blonde frat guys either.”
But she added that she’s likes to avoid mind games when she likes someone, and enjoys being pursued. “"I'm not into the 'game' so much. If I like you, I'll confront you and be open about it. Then I expect you to come after me,” she said.
Tisdale also shared her scariest encounter with an over the top fan. “Once I Instagrammed a picture of me waking up, and the next day this older gentleman came to my parents’ house saying he wasn’t going to leave till he saw me,” she said. “I was like, maybe I shouldn’t have taken a picture of me in bed?”
A little known piece of trivia about Tisdale: she’s related to Chop-O-Matic inventor Ron Popeil. Speaking of her connection to the infomercial she said, “We definitely have a lot of great kitchen utensils.”
“The family on my mom’s side, their whole business is inventing and pitching stuff. My grandfather is in infomercials. He’s a pitchman, so if you’re ever watching TV late at night, you’ll probably see him pitching knives. My great-grandfather also invented the plastic cheese grater,” she said.
Tisdale will appear in “Scary Movie 5” alongside Charlie Sheen, Jerry O’Connell, and Kendra Wilkinson in theaters on April 12.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’