Ashley Tisdale Poses Topless For Maxim Shoot
By Jill Heller | April 10, 2013 5:08 AM EST
Ashley Tisdale firmly set aside her Disney Channel image in a sexy new photo shoot for the May issue of Maxim.
The former Disney Channel star, who recently wrapped up filming for “Scary Movie 5,” posed topless on the cover of the magazine in what is arguably her sexiest cover ever. [View the rest of the photos here.]
Since rising to fame with Disney in shows like “The Suite Life of Zack and Cody” and the TV movie “High School Musical,” Tisdale has continued to take on projects targeted to a teen audience. In “Scary Movie 5” she got the chance to act opposite another former child star, Lindsay Lohan.
“I think Lindsay’s great!” Tisdale said of working with the troubled actress. “There were so many cameos, and that’s what I love about these movies. They’d write a scene, then look for cameos, and they’d just pop in and do it. It was, like, Whoa, Mike Tyson’s here, and that wasn’t even planned!”
Tisdale, who is currently dating Christopher French of Annie Automatic, opened up about what attracts her in her relationships, admitting she’s often drawn to stereotypical “bad boys.” "There's definitely a thing where I like the dark, mysterious bad boy,” she said. “[Although I'm not opposed to] surfer, blonde frat guys either.”
But she added that she’s likes to avoid mind games when she likes someone, and enjoys being pursued. “"I'm not into the 'game' so much. If I like you, I'll confront you and be open about it. Then I expect you to come after me,” she said.
Tisdale also shared her scariest encounter with an over the top fan. “Once I Instagrammed a picture of me waking up, and the next day this older gentleman came to my parents’ house saying he wasn’t going to leave till he saw me,” she said. “I was like, maybe I shouldn’t have taken a picture of me in bed?”
A little known piece of trivia about Tisdale: she’s related to Chop-O-Matic inventor Ron Popeil. Speaking of her connection to the infomercial she said, “We definitely have a lot of great kitchen utensils.”
“The family on my mom’s side, their whole business is inventing and pitching stuff. My grandfather is in infomercials. He’s a pitchman, so if you’re ever watching TV late at night, you’ll probably see him pitching knives. My great-grandfather also invented the plastic cheese grater,” she said.
Tisdale will appear in “Scary Movie 5” alongside Charlie Sheen, Jerry O’Connell, and Kendra Wilkinson in theaters on April 12.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage