The Mentalist Season 5: Red John and Agent Kirkland vs Patrick Jane?
By Arlene Paredes | April 8, 2013 11:55 AM EST
The Mentalist is coming back next week (Apr. 21) for what seems to be another Red John special. This is expected, as the series is nearing its Season 5 finale. Mystery agent Robert Kirkland is back, and Patrick Jane will keep an eye out for his moves.
'The Mentalist' Season 5, Episode 19: Red Letter Day
On TV.com, the synopsis for the next new episode of Mentalist reads:
"The CBI investigate when the owner of a wild west tourist town is found dead. Agent Kirkland attempts to discover just how much Jane knows about Red John."
In the last episode, viewers saw how Homeland Security agent Bob Kirkland killed Jane's latest Red John key, Jason Lennon. This man, who was shot by the late Lorelei Martins, was instrumental to having Martin's sister raped and murdered. Before killing Lennon, Kirkland repeatedly asked whether the man has seen him in the past. Everything got more suspicious from there. At the same time, many viewers become convinced that Kirkland is not Red John.
Kirkland couldn't be Red John because the latter seems to be sticking to a single manner of killing. Red John signs with a bloody smiley face. His minions, however, attack every time one of their own is caught in a corner. This brings many viewers back to the age-old Red John suspects: Brett Partridge, Ellis Mars, Ray Haffner, and Oscar Ardiles, among others. Still, we have yet to hear Jane's thoughts about him.
But Jane is on to Kirkland. The look on Jane's face after learning that Lennon died and Kirkland was the last to have seen him alive says it all. They come face to face again in the next episode, and we might see Jane updating his list of Red John suspects. There are only a couple of episodes left in The Mentalist Season 5. Will Kirkland and Jane bring it on the season finale?
A "red letter day" is supposed to be a happy, jovial occasion. The question is: who will be the happy one(s) in the upcoming episode - Red John or Patrick Jane?
More TV Guide Features:
The Mentalist: Red John Kills [SPOILER], How Close is Patrick Jane? [Read]
Once Upon a Time Season 2: More Questions, Speculations, and Now - a Spin Off! [Read]
Glee Star Cory Monteith Draws Twitter Hugs, Glee Cast Got Finn's Back #WeSupportCory [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Comic-Con Teaser Trailer In Animation [Watch Video]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members