New York Knicks Vs. OKC Thunder: Where To Watch Knicks Test 11-Game Win Streak, Preview, Betting Odds, Prediction, Melo, Durant Battle For Scoring Title
April 8, 2013 12:01 AM EST
A tenth of a point is all that separates New York Knick Carmelo Anthony and Oklahoma City Thunder forward Kevin Durant.
Seeking his fourth straight scoring title, Durant leads the league at 28.4 points per game, and Anthony is just behind him at 28.3. The 28-year-old Anthony has never won a scoring title, but as put together a three-game slew of 43.7 points on 64.2-percent shooting to inch closer to Durant.
Now the two square-off Sunday afternoon at Chesapeake Energy Arena, as the Knicks put their 11-game winning streak on the line.
Oklahoma City is on the verge of passing the injured San Antonio Spurs for the top spot in the Western Conference, and New York’s recent streak has created a two-game cushion for the No. 2 spot in the East. The Knicks are also two wins away from clinching the Atlantic Division title.
The Thunder recently helped Knicks by crushing the Indiana Pacers 97-95 Friday. Durant pumped in 34 points and collected nine rebounds, and point guard Russell Westbrook tallied 24 points, seven rebounds, and nine assists, while the Thunder crashed the boards for a 53-31 advantage over Indiana.
New York faces their strongest test during their streak, other than wins over a LeBron James and Dwyane Wade-less Miami Heat, and the Memphis Grizzlies. During the streak, the Knicks have held opponents under 90 points six times, and are giving up 89.7 points a contest overall.
Keeping that production up may prove difficult with forward Kenyon Martin listed as doubtful with a knee injury, and center Marcus Camby also doubtful.
Coverage of the game begins at 1 p.m. Eastern time, and will be broadcast by ABC.
Betting Odds: Oklahoma City is favored by 8 points
Over/Under: 199 points
Prediction: Anthony and Durant will trade punches throughout the game, leaving Westbrook and Knicks point guard Raymond Felton to be the next key matchup. With New York down two reserves in their frontcourt, rebounding will be a major issue. OKC should walk away victorious, but Anthony will gain the edge in the scoring race.
Predicted Score: Oklahoma City 98, New York 92
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World