Jeremy Lin Watch: Houston Rockets Vs. Denver Nuggets, Where To Watch Live Online Stream, Preview, Prediction, Betting Odds, Lin, Harden Meet Gallinari-less Nuggets
April 7, 2013 7:53 AM EST
Jeremy Lin and the Houston Rockets can make a play for the No. 6 position on the Western Conference as they take on the shorthanded Denver Nuggets Saturday night at the Pepsi Center.
Houston is also two wins away from clinching their first playoff appearance since 2009.
Denver lost second leading scorer Danilo Gallinari for the rest of the season after the Italian and former lottery pick tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee Thursday against the Dallas Mavericks.
The Nuggets, currently third in the West, will insert forward Corey Brewer in the starting line up for the injured Gallinari. Now in his sixth season, Brewer is averaging 11.9 points, his best mark since his 2009-10 season with the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Brewer stepped up immediately once Gallinari went down in the Dallas game, notching 23 points off the bench in the 95-94 win.
Second year forward Kenneth Faried ripped down 19 rebounds to go along with 12 points and four blocks, and veteran guard Andre Miller scored 22 points.
The Rockets sit one game behind the Golden State Warriors in the West standings, and pulled off back-to-back road wins for the first time since January when they beat the Portland Trailblazers 116-98 on Friday.
Four Houston starters reached double-figures, with guard James Harden totaling 33 points, seven rebounds, and six assists. Lin tallied 22 points and eights assists, and Houston got by without hot shooting forward Chandler Parsons, who sat out with a calf injury.
Parsons is averaging 15.3 points, and shooting 38 percent from 3-point range in his breakout second year. He is not expected to play against Denver.
The game begins at 9 p.m. Eastern time, or you can watch a live online stream by purchasing NBA League Pass Broadband here.
Betting Odds: Denver is favored by 5.5 points.
Over/Under: 212 points
Prediction: If Brewer continues his scoring onslaught, Denver can move on without Gallinari. The Nuggets have a deep enough bench to overwhelm Houston, and Andre Igoudala can contain Harden along the perimeter. Look for Denver to walk away with a victory.
Predicted Score: Denver 104, Houston 99
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia