Jeremy Lin Watch: Houston Rockets Vs. Denver Nuggets, Where To Watch Live Online Stream, Preview, Prediction, Betting Odds, Lin, Harden Meet Gallinari-less Nuggets
April 7, 2013 7:53 AM EST
Jeremy Lin and the Houston Rockets can make a play for the No. 6 position on the Western Conference as they take on the shorthanded Denver Nuggets Saturday night at the Pepsi Center.
Houston is also two wins away from clinching their first playoff appearance since 2009.
Denver lost second leading scorer Danilo Gallinari for the rest of the season after the Italian and former lottery pick tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee Thursday against the Dallas Mavericks.
The Nuggets, currently third in the West, will insert forward Corey Brewer in the starting line up for the injured Gallinari. Now in his sixth season, Brewer is averaging 11.9 points, his best mark since his 2009-10 season with the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Brewer stepped up immediately once Gallinari went down in the Dallas game, notching 23 points off the bench in the 95-94 win.
Second year forward Kenneth Faried ripped down 19 rebounds to go along with 12 points and four blocks, and veteran guard Andre Miller scored 22 points.
The Rockets sit one game behind the Golden State Warriors in the West standings, and pulled off back-to-back road wins for the first time since January when they beat the Portland Trailblazers 116-98 on Friday.
Four Houston starters reached double-figures, with guard James Harden totaling 33 points, seven rebounds, and six assists. Lin tallied 22 points and eights assists, and Houston got by without hot shooting forward Chandler Parsons, who sat out with a calf injury.
Parsons is averaging 15.3 points, and shooting 38 percent from 3-point range in his breakout second year. He is not expected to play against Denver.
The game begins at 9 p.m. Eastern time, or you can watch a live online stream by purchasing NBA League Pass Broadband here.
Betting Odds: Denver is favored by 5.5 points.
Over/Under: 212 points
Prediction: If Brewer continues his scoring onslaught, Denver can move on without Gallinari. The Nuggets have a deep enough bench to overwhelm Houston, and Andre Igoudala can contain Harden along the perimeter. Look for Denver to walk away with a victory.
Predicted Score: Denver 104, Houston 99
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS