Grey's Anatomy Season 9 Finale: 'Shocking' Tragedy for Alex Karev or Jackson Avery?
By Arlene Paredes | April 5, 2013 12:36 PM EST
Grey's Anatomy Season 9 finale will feature yet another shocking tragedy. This much we can tell from an interview with series creator Shonda Rhimes. GA actors are teasing the same thing. Some fans are guessing Alex Karev or Jackson Avery will be the central characters in the expected crisis this year.
Grey's Season 9, Episode 20 airs Thursday (Apr. 5). The title suggests some girl (or woman) is killing someone in some way: "She's Killing Me." Below is the episode synopsis from TV.com. There is no teaser directly related to Karev, but there's an Avery bit:
"Upon receiving some unsettling news, Meredith and Derek take preventative steps for their children's future; a group of Syrian doctors arrive at Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital for a crash course in basic surgical skills that they plan to apply in the field; and April decides to come clean to Matthew regarding the truth about her virginity."
Viewers learned from the previous episode that Meredith has asked Bailey to subject her to genome mapping. Her fear of Alzheimer's disease drove Mer to seek information. This could be related to the "preventative steps" that she and Derek would have to make. Meanwhile, Japril fans were treated to "moments" last week. Now that April is coming clean to Matthew about her dalliance with Avery, things are bound to change. Either they take their relationship to the next level or break-up.
Grey's Anatomy Season 9 Finale Scoop: Jo Wilson is 'in shock'
Camilla Luddington, who plays Jo Wilson in Grey's, posted an intriguing status on Twitter over the weekend: "In shock.. #tableread." The cast has sat down for a table read for the GA finale and this is Luddington's own teaser.
Kevin McKidd, who plays Owen Hunt, posted a teaser, too. (See image above.) Apparently, the writers are extra careful now about spilling finale details.
How do Karev and Avery figure in the finale speculations among fans? One, Karev was supposed to be on that plane. He could still be on tragedy's trail. Two, Avery has stepped into a super size role that he might not be prepared for. Two, he seems to be denying his feelings (like Sloan did) for someone truly special. Three, writers are playing favorites this season, giving Karev and Avery ample storylines and screen time.
There is one thing fans know: the GA finale usually makes more sense to viewers who have not skipped an episode. Have you seen all Season 9 episodes of Grey's Anatomy?
Grey's Anatomy Season 9 Finale: 'We changed everything' - Shonda Rhimes [Read Here]
Why is Ellen DeGeneres Worried? Twitter Gets Funny in 'Finding Dory' Hype [Read Here]
American Idol 2013: Kree Harrison Shines on Rock 'n' Roll Night, Burnell Taylor at Risk? [Read Here]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Australia Ranks 11th In World Ultra Wealth Report As 175 Aussies Amass $440B In 2013