Small Cars: March 2013 Sales Overview
By Car Advice | April 5, 2013 10:46 AM EST
The Mazda 3 has taken top honours in the March new car sales figures, marking the end of the first quarter of 2013.
Finishing in the familiar position of first place, the Mazda 3 racked up sales of 3786 vehicles despite a fall in year-to-date growth of nearly nine and a half per cent.
After only launching in February this year, the new Nissan Pulsar (1644) is making its presence felt, slotting between the fourth-placed Holden Cruze (2335) and sixth-placed Ford Focus (1557). The Blue Oval's figure comes on the back of an 11 per cent year-to-date growth, while it's local rival, the Cruze, faces a 30.5 per cent drop in growth for the year.
The last small car to sell above the tonne for March is the Honda Civic in seventh place with 1393 sales, followed by the Subaru Impreza (987), Hyundai Elantra (874) and Volkswagen Golf (870) in 10th spot.
Sales supremacy for the year remains a battle between the Mazda 3 (10,509) and the Toyota Corolla (9630), while further down the pack, sales of the Mitsubishi Lancer (2274) see the Subaru Impreza (1891) join the Kia Cerato (1338) out of the top 10.
Top 10 Best-selling Small cars - March 2013
- Mazda 3 - 3786 (-0.8 per cent)
- Toyota Corolla - 3512 (+12.6 per cent)
- Hyundai i30 - 2595 (+15.3 per cent)
- Holden Cruze - 2335 (-18.9 per cent)
- Nissan Pulsar - 1644 (not listed)
- Ford Focus - 1557 (0.0 per cent)
- Honda Civic - 1393 (+47.1 per cent)
- Subaru Impreza - 987 (-1.5 per cent)
- Hyundai Elantra - 874 (+21.7 per cent)
- Volkswagen Golf - 870 (-35.5 per cent)
Top 10 Best-selling Small cars - 2013 to date
- Mazda 3 - 10,509 (-9.4 per cent)
- Toyota Corolla - 9630 (+1.4 per cent)
- Hyundai i30 - 6656 (-0.2 per cent)
- Holden Cruze - 5702 (-30.5 per cent)
- Ford Focus - 5187 (+11.4 per cent)
- Honda Civic - 4212 (+226.8 per cent)
- Nissan Pulsar - 3267 (not listed)
- Volkswagen Golf - 2872 (-2.7 per cent)
- Mitsubishi Lancer - 2274 (-50.3 per cent)
- Hyundai Elantra - 2170 (+3.8 per cent)