Nexus 4: LG/Google Smart Phone to Have the New Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie Update and New Design?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 3, 2013 4:13 PM EST
Excitement is building up on what will be showcased at the Google I/O event on May 15 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, California. Numerous reports are suggesting that the new Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie update will be launched at the event and it will be available on the LG/Google Nexus 4 instead of the next Nexus smart phone.
It is expected that Nexus 4 owners will acquire the latest Android OS through an OTA update. Google has always rolled-out their latest updates to an existing non-carrier branded Nexus device within the first two weeks. Therefore, there is a possibility for the Nexus 4 smart phone to first have the Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie update.
Meanwhile, Google reportedly revised the Nexus 4 design and the rear-facing camera lens. Small plastic bumps were reportedly added at the smart phone's rear to deal with the durability and audibility issues.
"Android Police" spotted the design changes that appear to have three improved purposes for the Nexus 4 smart phone. First, the design prevents the speaker becoming barely audible if the Nexus 4 is placed on a flat surface.
Second, the new Nexus 4 design prevents "contact scratches." Lastly, the third purpose reduces the possibility of the smart phone to slip or fall down when placed on a smooth glass surface.
The other Google design change is within the rear-facing camera lens where the current Nexus 4 camera design has large lens that surrounds the small camera sensor. The new Nexus 4 camera design reduced the excess area to a great extent that could help as well in reducing light leakage when photos are being taken in bright lighting conditions.
The minor Nexus 4 design changes serves as an advantage to the consumers who will purchase the slightly modified smart phone. As the latest Google Android smart phone, Nexus 4 remains remarkable and a favorite choice because of the affordable price packed with the 1.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, 2GB of RAM and the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- Sony Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 Compact Gets Certified For 23.0.1.A.1.43, Xperia Z3 Dual For 23.0.F.1.82
- 'World Of Warcraft' 6.0.3 Patch Hotfixes Update Including Hallow's End And The Latest Resolved Issues Regarding The 'WoW' User Interface, Classes, Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Gets A New Trailer And Hidden Demo Missions
- Check Out The ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection’ Ranking, New Anniversary Trailer And Level Walkthroughs
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists