Nexus 4: LG/Google Smart Phone to Have the New Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie Update and New Design?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 3, 2013 4:13 PM EST
Excitement is building up on what will be showcased at the Google I/O event on May 15 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, California. Numerous reports are suggesting that the new Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie update will be launched at the event and it will be available on the LG/Google Nexus 4 instead of the next Nexus smart phone.
It is expected that Nexus 4 owners will acquire the latest Android OS through an OTA update. Google has always rolled-out their latest updates to an existing non-carrier branded Nexus device within the first two weeks. Therefore, there is a possibility for the Nexus 4 smart phone to first have the Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie update.
Meanwhile, Google reportedly revised the Nexus 4 design and the rear-facing camera lens. Small plastic bumps were reportedly added at the smart phone's rear to deal with the durability and audibility issues.
"Android Police" spotted the design changes that appear to have three improved purposes for the Nexus 4 smart phone. First, the design prevents the speaker becoming barely audible if the Nexus 4 is placed on a flat surface.
Second, the new Nexus 4 design prevents "contact scratches." Lastly, the third purpose reduces the possibility of the smart phone to slip or fall down when placed on a smooth glass surface.
The other Google design change is within the rear-facing camera lens where the current Nexus 4 camera design has large lens that surrounds the small camera sensor. The new Nexus 4 camera design reduced the excess area to a great extent that could help as well in reducing light leakage when photos are being taken in bright lighting conditions.
The minor Nexus 4 design changes serves as an advantage to the consumers who will purchase the slightly modified smart phone. As the latest Google Android smart phone, Nexus 4 remains remarkable and a favorite choice because of the affordable price packed with the 1.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, 2GB of RAM and the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- ‘Destiny’ New DLC For PlayStation And Xbox: Future Missions, Strikes And Raids Revealed
- Xbox One News: Windows 10 Hinted For Xbox One; Deals With Gold And Xbox One Counterfeits Detailed
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots