Nexus 4: LG/Google Smart Phone to Have the New Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie Update and New Design?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 3, 2013 4:13 PM EST
Excitement is building up on what will be showcased at the Google I/O event on May 15 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, California. Numerous reports are suggesting that the new Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie update will be launched at the event and it will be available on the LG/Google Nexus 4 instead of the next Nexus smart phone.
It is expected that Nexus 4 owners will acquire the latest Android OS through an OTA update. Google has always rolled-out their latest updates to an existing non-carrier branded Nexus device within the first two weeks. Therefore, there is a possibility for the Nexus 4 smart phone to first have the Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie update.
Meanwhile, Google reportedly revised the Nexus 4 design and the rear-facing camera lens. Small plastic bumps were reportedly added at the smart phone's rear to deal with the durability and audibility issues.
"Android Police" spotted the design changes that appear to have three improved purposes for the Nexus 4 smart phone. First, the design prevents the speaker becoming barely audible if the Nexus 4 is placed on a flat surface.
Second, the new Nexus 4 design prevents "contact scratches." Lastly, the third purpose reduces the possibility of the smart phone to slip or fall down when placed on a smooth glass surface.
The other Google design change is within the rear-facing camera lens where the current Nexus 4 camera design has large lens that surrounds the small camera sensor. The new Nexus 4 camera design reduced the excess area to a great extent that could help as well in reducing light leakage when photos are being taken in bright lighting conditions.
The minor Nexus 4 design changes serves as an advantage to the consumers who will purchase the slightly modified smart phone. As the latest Google Android smart phone, Nexus 4 remains remarkable and a favorite choice because of the affordable price packed with the 1.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, 2GB of RAM and the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 New Update Brings Performance And Stability Improvements
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan