Nexus 4: LG/Google Smart Phone to Have the New Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie Update and New Design?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 3, 2013 4:13 PM EST
Excitement is building up on what will be showcased at the Google I/O event on May 15 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, California. Numerous reports are suggesting that the new Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie update will be launched at the event and it will be available on the LG/Google Nexus 4 instead of the next Nexus smart phone.
It is expected that Nexus 4 owners will acquire the latest Android OS through an OTA update. Google has always rolled-out their latest updates to an existing non-carrier branded Nexus device within the first two weeks. Therefore, there is a possibility for the Nexus 4 smart phone to first have the Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie update.
Meanwhile, Google reportedly revised the Nexus 4 design and the rear-facing camera lens. Small plastic bumps were reportedly added at the smart phone's rear to deal with the durability and audibility issues.
"Android Police" spotted the design changes that appear to have three improved purposes for the Nexus 4 smart phone. First, the design prevents the speaker becoming barely audible if the Nexus 4 is placed on a flat surface.
Second, the new Nexus 4 design prevents "contact scratches." Lastly, the third purpose reduces the possibility of the smart phone to slip or fall down when placed on a smooth glass surface.
The other Google design change is within the rear-facing camera lens where the current Nexus 4 camera design has large lens that surrounds the small camera sensor. The new Nexus 4 camera design reduced the excess area to a great extent that could help as well in reducing light leakage when photos are being taken in bright lighting conditions.
The minor Nexus 4 design changes serves as an advantage to the consumers who will purchase the slightly modified smart phone. As the latest Google Android smart phone, Nexus 4 remains remarkable and a favorite choice because of the affordable price packed with the 1.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, 2GB of RAM and the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Practical Reasons Why Choose Latest Nexus Smartphone
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand