Nexus 4: LG/Google Smart Phone to Have the New Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie Update and New Design?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 3, 2013 4:13 PM EST
Excitement is building up on what will be showcased at the Google I/O event on May 15 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, California. Numerous reports are suggesting that the new Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie update will be launched at the event and it will be available on the LG/Google Nexus 4 instead of the next Nexus smart phone.
It is expected that Nexus 4 owners will acquire the latest Android OS through an OTA update. Google has always rolled-out their latest updates to an existing non-carrier branded Nexus device within the first two weeks. Therefore, there is a possibility for the Nexus 4 smart phone to first have the Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie update.
Meanwhile, Google reportedly revised the Nexus 4 design and the rear-facing camera lens. Small plastic bumps were reportedly added at the smart phone's rear to deal with the durability and audibility issues.
"Android Police" spotted the design changes that appear to have three improved purposes for the Nexus 4 smart phone. First, the design prevents the speaker becoming barely audible if the Nexus 4 is placed on a flat surface.
Second, the new Nexus 4 design prevents "contact scratches." Lastly, the third purpose reduces the possibility of the smart phone to slip or fall down when placed on a smooth glass surface.
The other Google design change is within the rear-facing camera lens where the current Nexus 4 camera design has large lens that surrounds the small camera sensor. The new Nexus 4 camera design reduced the excess area to a great extent that could help as well in reducing light leakage when photos are being taken in bright lighting conditions.
The minor Nexus 4 design changes serves as an advantage to the consumers who will purchase the slightly modified smart phone. As the latest Google Android smart phone, Nexus 4 remains remarkable and a favorite choice because of the affordable price packed with the 1.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, 2GB of RAM and the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire News: Meet Professor Birch Plus X and Y Updates
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- Samsung Galaxy S5: Logitech Unveils Protection+ Case Accessory for Android Smartphone
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Battery Issue, How to Resolve and Future Firmware Upgrade
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June