Kevin Ware’s Broken Leg: 5 Things You Need To Know [GRAPHIC VIDEO]
By Czarina Malleta | April 3, 2013 4:01 PM EST
Kevin Ware's broken leg became viral all over the web. The basketball player suffered a horrific injury in a game against the Duke last Sunday.
The video of Kevin Ware's broken leg has been limited for replays as decided by CBS. But that doesn't mean that YouTube will be out of it in case there are others who are curious about what happened.
After his injury he was whisked off to a medical facility. His teammates remained supportive to the point where some of them were even crying. Ware has received countless support from various social networking sites more specifically Twitter.
There are also a couple of things to be highlighted with regards to Kevin Ware's broken leg injury. Here are a few of them:
Fans were traumatized - It was definitely not a pretty sight to see Kevin Ware's leg snap on national TV. That is why CBS has decided to stop the replays of the graphic video. Surely, fans are haunted by the image and the rest of the players were worried not only for Ware but for themselves knowing that such injury could happen to any of them.
Kevin Ware's recovery could take a year or more - After the accident, Ware was transported to a Methodist Hospital near the stadium. According to reports from SB Nation, Ware's broken leg could take up to a year before it recovers. Apart from that, an additional time may be needed to condition himself in case he wanted to play again.
Ware's injury was dubbed "Worst Injury in a Basketball Game" - The words came out of CBS reporter Jim Nantz. Other sports reporter agreed in response using Twitter.
"I don't know if in basketball I've ever seen one like that," he said.
Ware encouraged his team and they ended up winning the game - While he was laying down and in so much pain, Ware encouraged his team by saying, "Don't worry about me. I'll be okay. You guys go win this thing." Louisville won against Duke and advanced to the Final Four of 2013 NCAA March Madness Tournament.
Joe Theisman and other personalities showed their support via Twitter - Athletes and fans have showered Kevin Ware support via Twitter. His name became an instant trending topic in Twitterverse.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions