Kevin Ware’s Broken Leg: 5 Things You Need To Know [GRAPHIC VIDEO]
By Czarina Malleta | April 3, 2013 4:01 PM EST
Kevin Ware's broken leg became viral all over the web. The basketball player suffered a horrific injury in a game against the Duke last Sunday.
The video of Kevin Ware's broken leg has been limited for replays as decided by CBS. But that doesn't mean that YouTube will be out of it in case there are others who are curious about what happened.
After his injury he was whisked off to a medical facility. His teammates remained supportive to the point where some of them were even crying. Ware has received countless support from various social networking sites more specifically Twitter.
There are also a couple of things to be highlighted with regards to Kevin Ware's broken leg injury. Here are a few of them:
Fans were traumatized - It was definitely not a pretty sight to see Kevin Ware's leg snap on national TV. That is why CBS has decided to stop the replays of the graphic video. Surely, fans are haunted by the image and the rest of the players were worried not only for Ware but for themselves knowing that such injury could happen to any of them.
Kevin Ware's recovery could take a year or more - After the accident, Ware was transported to a Methodist Hospital near the stadium. According to reports from SB Nation, Ware's broken leg could take up to a year before it recovers. Apart from that, an additional time may be needed to condition himself in case he wanted to play again.
Ware's injury was dubbed "Worst Injury in a Basketball Game" - The words came out of CBS reporter Jim Nantz. Other sports reporter agreed in response using Twitter.
"I don't know if in basketball I've ever seen one like that," he said.
Ware encouraged his team and they ended up winning the game - While he was laying down and in so much pain, Ware encouraged his team by saying, "Don't worry about me. I'll be okay. You guys go win this thing." Louisville won against Duke and advanced to the Final Four of 2013 NCAA March Madness Tournament.
Joe Theisman and other personalities showed their support via Twitter - Athletes and fans have showered Kevin Ware support via Twitter. His name became an instant trending topic in Twitterverse.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Whose Life Changed Because of Sexual Abuse and Molestation
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- Khloe Kardashian Sympathetic About Ex-Husband Lamar Odom in Recent Instagram Posts
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People