Kevin Ware’s Broken Leg: 5 Things You Need To Know [GRAPHIC VIDEO]
By Czarina Malleta | April 3, 2013 4:01 PM EST
Kevin Ware's broken leg became viral all over the web. The basketball player suffered a horrific injury in a game against the Duke last Sunday.
The video of Kevin Ware's broken leg has been limited for replays as decided by CBS. But that doesn't mean that YouTube will be out of it in case there are others who are curious about what happened.
After his injury he was whisked off to a medical facility. His teammates remained supportive to the point where some of them were even crying. Ware has received countless support from various social networking sites more specifically Twitter.
There are also a couple of things to be highlighted with regards to Kevin Ware's broken leg injury. Here are a few of them:
Fans were traumatized - It was definitely not a pretty sight to see Kevin Ware's leg snap on national TV. That is why CBS has decided to stop the replays of the graphic video. Surely, fans are haunted by the image and the rest of the players were worried not only for Ware but for themselves knowing that such injury could happen to any of them.
Kevin Ware's recovery could take a year or more - After the accident, Ware was transported to a Methodist Hospital near the stadium. According to reports from SB Nation, Ware's broken leg could take up to a year before it recovers. Apart from that, an additional time may be needed to condition himself in case he wanted to play again.
Ware's injury was dubbed "Worst Injury in a Basketball Game" - The words came out of CBS reporter Jim Nantz. Other sports reporter agreed in response using Twitter.
"I don't know if in basketball I've ever seen one like that," he said.
Ware encouraged his team and they ended up winning the game - While he was laying down and in so much pain, Ware encouraged his team by saying, "Don't worry about me. I'll be okay. You guys go win this thing." Louisville won against Duke and advanced to the Final Four of 2013 NCAA March Madness Tournament.
Joe Theisman and other personalities showed their support via Twitter - Athletes and fans have showered Kevin Ware support via Twitter. His name became an instant trending topic in Twitterverse.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies