Grey's Anatomy Season 9 Finale: 'We changed everything' - Shonda Rhimes
By Arlene Paredes | April 2, 2013 2:01 PM EST
Grey's Anatomy Season 9 finale is only a couple of weeks away. And series creator Shonda Rhimes has taken back every teaser she's dished about what's coming up in May. Last year, Lexie Grey and Mark Sloan perished in an unforgettable TV tragedy. Whose fans should worry the most this time?
"In answer to your Qs: any spoilers you read about GA finale or anything I said before NO LONGER STANDS. We (Grey's Anatomy writers) changed everything yesterday," reads Rhimes' shout-out before the Easter holiday. It is understood filming for the Grey's finale will commence shortly, and we are sleuthing for the best spoilers out there.
"I have a general idea of what the finale is going to be, but it's been evolving as the season progresses," Rhimes told TVLine's Michael Ausiello back in February. "At this moment in time, I would not consider it to be a catastrophe." Rhimes was emphatic about the recent "changes" at Grey's Anatomy storylines. Should fans assume another dramatic tragedy is sweeping the characters? Let's take a quick look at the characters and predict who will be in the core of the next (expected) tragedy:
1. Meredith and Derek (Merder). Will Meredith and Derek face some serious baby/birth problems? She lost a sister, he lost his best friend. Their characters are still greatly affected by these losses, so we hope they could skip a tragedy this year.
3. Cristina and Owen (Crowen). They are sweeter than ever, even when they're fighting. Cristina is more affectionate now - almost in an odd, uncharacteristic way. But they still have to make some decisions about the future they each want for their lives. Owen still wants kids.
4. April and Jackson (Japril). The most recent episode showed hints of some residual feelings and an almost-kiss between Sloan's protégé (Jackson) and Lexie's frenemy (April). Sorry, Matthew and Stephanie?
5. Karev and Jo (Jolex). Karev already knows Jo is dating a cold-hearted doc. Surely, he's not just going to sit down and watch. But will a tragedy stop him from winning Jo over?
Miranda Bailey, Richard Webber, Karev, and Japril were the least affected by the tragic plane crash in Grey's Anatomy Season 8. Could any one of them be at the center of this year's (expected) tragic turn of events?
Grey's Anatomy Season 9: Alex Karev Gets Jealous, Jackson Avery Deals with the Big Docs [Read]
'Fifty Shades' Movie, Christian Grey: Stephen Amell Dishes 'Meeting' to Fans -- Major Casting Scoop? [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal