Glee Star Cory Monteith Checks Into Rehab
By Ayessa Desiderio | April 2, 2013 11:53 AM EST
There will be no singing for Glee star Cory Monteith, at least not for a little while. The 30-year-old actor has checked into rehab, citing substance abuse as the reason.
It might seem like a bad boy cliché for a wholesome actor like Monteith, but his representatives have confirmed his rehab stint.
"[He] has voluntarily admitted himself to a treatment facility for substance addiction," a rep confirms in an exclusive interview with People Magazine. "He graciously asks for your respect and privacy as he takes the necessary steps towards recovery."
Although his clean-cut image gives no indication, this is not the first time Monteith has struggled with addiction. He has previously entered rehab as a fresh faced 19-year-old, saying speaking out about his troubles might help other kids deal with their own struggles.
While he doesn't want young children to follow his footsteps into addiction, he opens up in an interview in 2011 and says, "But for those people who might give up: Get real about what you want and go after it."
Monteith is checking into rehab by himself, but fortunately he can count on his Glee pals to support him in this chapter of his life.
A spokesperson from the hit television show has spoken up saying that although Monteith will miss the last two episodes of the series, "Cory is a beloved member of the Glee family and we fully support his decision to seek treatment. Everyone at the show wishes him well and looks forward to his return."
His girlfriend Lea Michele, also from Glee, has also expressed her plans to support her beau in this chapter of his life. "I love and support Cory and will stand by him through this," she tells People Magazine. "I am grateful and proud he made this decision."
His co-stars were also quick to send him tweets of encouragement, including Chris Colfer, Harry Shum Jr. and Amber Riley, among others.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 12 Terrifyingly Healthy Halloween Treats
- New York Doctor Tests Positive For Ebola
- Kate Middleton Back To Herself After Struggling With Hyperemesis Gravidarum
- Ebola Vaccine: Johnson & Johnson Confident Of Human Trials In January And Market Delivery in May Next Year
- Dead Heart Beats Again, Doctors Use It For Transplant – A World’s First For Australia
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports