iPhone 5S, iPhone 6 Release Dates Set in June 20 and October?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 2, 2013 9:39 AM EST
According to Japanese magazine Mac Fan, the new iPhone 5S will be unveiled on June 20 and go on sale by July.
However, the new iPhone 5S will not be imbued with Apple's new mobile operating system, iOS7, it would seem.
Website Stabley Times speculated that the new OS would be unveiled at the WWDC together with the new device and would ship with the iPhone 6 instead. It had based its speculation on the developers' need to test the system.
The report goes on to project the launch of the iPhone 6 to be in October, the same time the iPhone 4 was announced. The report justified its timeline with pressure that it said Apple is facing from Samsung's Galaxy S4 smartphone. The iPhone 6 may come later and may become Apple's official flagship phone for this year.
Apple is expected to include an improved camera in the iPhone 6 and/or iPhone 5S which is rumoured to be capable of taking "Super HD" pictures. In order to take snaps at that resolution it'll need to have at least a 13 mega-pixel camera.
The lack of NFC support on the iPhone 5 was one of the biggest criticisms aimed at Apple's smartphone. Rumours suggest that the iPhone 5S could include support for the contact-less technology which can be used to pay for items in retail stores. Other features rumoured to be included in the handset is the A7 quad core chip processor, Retina or IGZO screen display among others.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles