Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Release Date in May, Confirms Samsung Exec
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 1, 2013 1:22 PM EST
Senior Vice President at Samsung Electronics Lee Keon Hyok talked to BusinessWeek and said that, "the Galaxy S 4 doesn't come out until late April. It's fast, has a big, bright screen, and will probably be another huge hit for Samsung, as will the S4 mini that will go on sale soon after".
The leaked specifications of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini showed that the smartphone may be at par with iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy S3.
Suspected to run ARM's big.LITTLE technology in a Quad-Core structure, the Exynos 5210 is believed to be equipped with Dual Cortex-A15 Cores and Dual Cortex-A7 cores. Nothing is yet known about its GPU. The Exynos 5210 could also be just a Dual-Core Cortex-A15 SoC, according to Sam Mobile.
Rumours claimed that the Samsung Galaxy S4 will be released in June or July 2013. This is supported by the purported photos of the alleged Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini emerged online last week that stirred the upcoming release of the device.
It has only been two weeks since the release of the Samsung Galaxy S4 and its price is pretty steep. However, rumours about the miniature version of the device are already swirling, which is a cheaper alternative to the handset.
The leaked photos were posted by SamMobile, which it obtained from its Twitter follower with the name of Ermek Kubanychbekov. As per the images, the Samsung Galaxy S4 mini will carry the same design as the bigger version, but with a smaller form factor.
GSMArena reports that four variants of the supposed Galaxy S4 Mini, including the model number GT I-9190 that we saw emerge last week, have shown up on Samsung's website ahead of launch. The listings, which also include the GT I-9192, GT I-9195 and the GT I-9198, seem to point to four different Galaxy S4 models.
Some of the speculated features of the have a a 4.3-inch Super AMOLED qHD display with 256ppi, 1.6GHz dual-core processor, and Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean along with Samsung's new TouchWiz interface, Nature UX 2.0.
However, Samsung spokesman once said that the company does not comment on the rumours on its devices.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports