Golden Kela Awards: Shahrukh Khan Bags 'Superhit of 2012' Trophy for Brawl with Shirish Kunder
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 31, 2013 7:10 PM EST
The Golden Kela Awards were announced on Saturday and Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan bagged the 'Superhit of 2012' award for the alleged slapping episode with director Shirish Kunder at Sanjay Dutt's success party of "Agneepath".
The quirky awards which are given to recognise the 'Best of Worst in Bollywood' declared Ajay Devgn and Sonakshi Sinha as the worst actors of 2012 at the fifth edition of the award ceremony for their respective roles in the movie 'Son of Sardar'.
While "Dabbang 2" starring Salman Khan won the award for worst sequel of 2012, the Bhatts were slammed for making a "series of irritating movies and horrible sequels".
The event organisers gave away Anti Kela Awards to "Paan Singh Tomar", "Kahaani", "Vicky Donor" and "Gangs of Wasseypur" for being the saving graces of Bollywood in 2012.
The Anti-Kela award for "Kahaani" was received by the movie's writer Advaita Kala.
After receiving the award Kala said,"This is the first time that I have come for an award function. So, it is very special and memorable. The award is special for me as the story has a strong female character," reported Press Trust of India.
Anvita Dutt, lyrist of "Ishq Wala Love" from the movie "Student of the Year", won the award for most 'Atrocious' lyrics and received the award personally.
Holding the Kela trophy Dutt said, "When I was writing the song, Shekhar (Music Director) came to me and said you will win an award for the song one day. When I got to know of the nomination I called them to say if you will give me an award I will wear my most expensive designer saree and they said these awards are not rigged though I am genuinely touched to receive the award."
The awards for most irritating song was for "Chinta Ta Chita Chita" from "Rowdy Rathore".
While Actor Jackky Bhagnani who was recently seen in Priyadarshan's "Rangrezz" was given the 'Why Are You Still Trying' award, Director Shirish Kunder was 'conferred' with 'Beta Tumse Na Ho Payega' (son, this is beyond you) award.
The 'Bawara Ho Gaya Hai Ke' (Have you gone mad) award was given to audience who were criticised for encouraging bad movies to reach the ₹100 crore mark.
Late comedian Japsal Bhatti who died in October 2012 was felicitated with 'Lifetime Achievement Golden Kela' award.
During the award ceremony Jatin Varma, founder of Golden Kela Awards said, "We do this every year from past five years because we love cinema. We don't make any money out of it."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues