Golden Kela Awards: Shahrukh Khan Bags 'Superhit of 2012' Trophy for Brawl with Shirish Kunder
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 31, 2013 7:10 PM EST
The Golden Kela Awards were announced on Saturday and Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan bagged the 'Superhit of 2012' award for the alleged slapping episode with director Shirish Kunder at Sanjay Dutt's success party of "Agneepath".
The quirky awards which are given to recognise the 'Best of Worst in Bollywood' declared Ajay Devgn and Sonakshi Sinha as the worst actors of 2012 at the fifth edition of the award ceremony for their respective roles in the movie 'Son of Sardar'.
While "Dabbang 2" starring Salman Khan won the award for worst sequel of 2012, the Bhatts were slammed for making a "series of irritating movies and horrible sequels".
The event organisers gave away Anti Kela Awards to "Paan Singh Tomar", "Kahaani", "Vicky Donor" and "Gangs of Wasseypur" for being the saving graces of Bollywood in 2012.
The Anti-Kela award for "Kahaani" was received by the movie's writer Advaita Kala.
After receiving the award Kala said,"This is the first time that I have come for an award function. So, it is very special and memorable. The award is special for me as the story has a strong female character," reported Press Trust of India.
Anvita Dutt, lyrist of "Ishq Wala Love" from the movie "Student of the Year", won the award for most 'Atrocious' lyrics and received the award personally.
Holding the Kela trophy Dutt said, "When I was writing the song, Shekhar (Music Director) came to me and said you will win an award for the song one day. When I got to know of the nomination I called them to say if you will give me an award I will wear my most expensive designer saree and they said these awards are not rigged though I am genuinely touched to receive the award."
The awards for most irritating song was for "Chinta Ta Chita Chita" from "Rowdy Rathore".
While Actor Jackky Bhagnani who was recently seen in Priyadarshan's "Rangrezz" was given the 'Why Are You Still Trying' award, Director Shirish Kunder was 'conferred' with 'Beta Tumse Na Ho Payega' (son, this is beyond you) award.
The 'Bawara Ho Gaya Hai Ke' (Have you gone mad) award was given to audience who were criticised for encouraging bad movies to reach the ₹100 crore mark.
Late comedian Japsal Bhatti who died in October 2012 was felicitated with 'Lifetime Achievement Golden Kela' award.
During the award ceremony Jatin Varma, founder of Golden Kela Awards said, "We do this every year from past five years because we love cinema. We don't make any money out of it."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy