Golden Kela Awards: Shahrukh Khan Bags 'Superhit of 2012' Trophy for Brawl with Shirish Kunder
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 31, 2013 7:10 PM EST
The Golden Kela Awards were announced on Saturday and Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan bagged the 'Superhit of 2012' award for the alleged slapping episode with director Shirish Kunder at Sanjay Dutt's success party of "Agneepath".
The quirky awards which are given to recognise the 'Best of Worst in Bollywood' declared Ajay Devgn and Sonakshi Sinha as the worst actors of 2012 at the fifth edition of the award ceremony for their respective roles in the movie 'Son of Sardar'.
While "Dabbang 2" starring Salman Khan won the award for worst sequel of 2012, the Bhatts were slammed for making a "series of irritating movies and horrible sequels".
The event organisers gave away Anti Kela Awards to "Paan Singh Tomar", "Kahaani", "Vicky Donor" and "Gangs of Wasseypur" for being the saving graces of Bollywood in 2012.
The Anti-Kela award for "Kahaani" was received by the movie's writer Advaita Kala.
After receiving the award Kala said,"This is the first time that I have come for an award function. So, it is very special and memorable. The award is special for me as the story has a strong female character," reported Press Trust of India.
Anvita Dutt, lyrist of "Ishq Wala Love" from the movie "Student of the Year", won the award for most 'Atrocious' lyrics and received the award personally.
Holding the Kela trophy Dutt said, "When I was writing the song, Shekhar (Music Director) came to me and said you will win an award for the song one day. When I got to know of the nomination I called them to say if you will give me an award I will wear my most expensive designer saree and they said these awards are not rigged though I am genuinely touched to receive the award."
The awards for most irritating song was for "Chinta Ta Chita Chita" from "Rowdy Rathore".
While Actor Jackky Bhagnani who was recently seen in Priyadarshan's "Rangrezz" was given the 'Why Are You Still Trying' award, Director Shirish Kunder was 'conferred' with 'Beta Tumse Na Ho Payega' (son, this is beyond you) award.
The 'Bawara Ho Gaya Hai Ke' (Have you gone mad) award was given to audience who were criticised for encouraging bad movies to reach the ₹100 crore mark.
Late comedian Japsal Bhatti who died in October 2012 was felicitated with 'Lifetime Achievement Golden Kela' award.
During the award ceremony Jatin Varma, founder of Golden Kela Awards said, "We do this every year from past five years because we love cinema. We don't make any money out of it."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop