Lakers Injury Report: Will Kobe Bryant Return Saturday Against Sacramento? Steve Nash?
By IB Times Staff Reporter | March 31, 2013 1:18 AM EST
Seen using a crutch after the Los Angeles Lakers 113-103 loss to the Milwaukee Bucks Thursday night, Kobe Bryant and his team are hurting to say the least.
The Lakers, who have lost four of their last five games, will play the Sacramento Kings Saturday night at Arco Arena.
Bryant reportedly has a bone spur in his left foot, which has been bothering him for several games, according to the Associated Press. The 15-time All-Star is four points away from passing late Hall of Famer Wilt Chamberlain for fourth on the NBA’s all-time scoring list.
Bryant is listed as probable against the Kings after seeing a specialist Friday, according to the OC Register.
The injury may slow him down and ease whatever reported tension he might have with head coach Mike D’Antoni.
The Register also reported that D’Antoni looked annoyed with Bryant resorting to his old “ball-stopping” ways. On Thursday, the first-year Los Angeles coach reportedly called a pick-and-roll for Pau Gasol, to have the clearly injured Bryant pass the ball, and his comment after the game may have been teeming with frustration.
"Just play the game,” D’Antoni said. “We try to go a little bit too much one-on-one."
Point guard Steve Nash is listed as probable with hamstring and hip injuries. The 39-year-old has battled through injuries this season, while leading the team with 6.8 assists per game. However that is Nash’s lowest assist total since his 1999-00 season with the Dallas Mavericks, when he averaged 4.9 per contest.
Nash has missed 24 games already this year, and the Lakers will need his leadership as they battle the Utah Jazz for the final playoff spot in the Western Conference with nine games remaining in the regular season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Rafael Nadal To Kick Off 2015 Season At The Mubadala World Tennis Championship, Undergoes Knee Treatment Prior Appendectomy
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2