Lakers Injury Report: Will Kobe Bryant Return Saturday Against Sacramento? Steve Nash?
By IB Times Staff Reporter | March 31, 2013 1:18 AM EST
Seen using a crutch after the Los Angeles Lakers 113-103 loss to the Milwaukee Bucks Thursday night, Kobe Bryant and his team are hurting to say the least.
The Lakers, who have lost four of their last five games, will play the Sacramento Kings Saturday night at Arco Arena.
Bryant reportedly has a bone spur in his left foot, which has been bothering him for several games, according to the Associated Press. The 15-time All-Star is four points away from passing late Hall of Famer Wilt Chamberlain for fourth on the NBA’s all-time scoring list.
Bryant is listed as probable against the Kings after seeing a specialist Friday, according to the OC Register.
The injury may slow him down and ease whatever reported tension he might have with head coach Mike D’Antoni.
The Register also reported that D’Antoni looked annoyed with Bryant resorting to his old “ball-stopping” ways. On Thursday, the first-year Los Angeles coach reportedly called a pick-and-roll for Pau Gasol, to have the clearly injured Bryant pass the ball, and his comment after the game may have been teeming with frustration.
"Just play the game,” D’Antoni said. “We try to go a little bit too much one-on-one."
Point guard Steve Nash is listed as probable with hamstring and hip injuries. The 39-year-old has battled through injuries this season, while leading the team with 6.8 assists per game. However that is Nash’s lowest assist total since his 1999-00 season with the Dallas Mavericks, when he averaged 4.9 per contest.
Nash has missed 24 games already this year, and the Lakers will need his leadership as they battle the Utah Jazz for the final playoff spot in the Western Conference with nine games remaining in the regular season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports