Lakers Injury Report: Will Kobe Bryant Return Saturday Against Sacramento? Steve Nash?
By IB Times Staff Reporter | March 31, 2013 1:18 AM EST
Seen using a crutch after the Los Angeles Lakers 113-103 loss to the Milwaukee Bucks Thursday night, Kobe Bryant and his team are hurting to say the least.
The Lakers, who have lost four of their last five games, will play the Sacramento Kings Saturday night at Arco Arena.
Bryant reportedly has a bone spur in his left foot, which has been bothering him for several games, according to the Associated Press. The 15-time All-Star is four points away from passing late Hall of Famer Wilt Chamberlain for fourth on the NBA’s all-time scoring list.
Bryant is listed as probable against the Kings after seeing a specialist Friday, according to the OC Register.
The injury may slow him down and ease whatever reported tension he might have with head coach Mike D’Antoni.
The Register also reported that D’Antoni looked annoyed with Bryant resorting to his old “ball-stopping” ways. On Thursday, the first-year Los Angeles coach reportedly called a pick-and-roll for Pau Gasol, to have the clearly injured Bryant pass the ball, and his comment after the game may have been teeming with frustration.
"Just play the game,” D’Antoni said. “We try to go a little bit too much one-on-one."
Point guard Steve Nash is listed as probable with hamstring and hip injuries. The 39-year-old has battled through injuries this season, while leading the team with 6.8 assists per game. However that is Nash’s lowest assist total since his 1999-00 season with the Dallas Mavericks, when he averaged 4.9 per contest.
Nash has missed 24 games already this year, and the Lakers will need his leadership as they battle the Utah Jazz for the final playoff spot in the Western Conference with nine games remaining in the regular season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan