Lakers Injury Report: Will Kobe Bryant Return Saturday Against Sacramento? Steve Nash?
By IB Times Staff Reporter | March 31, 2013 1:18 AM EST
Seen using a crutch after the Los Angeles Lakers 113-103 loss to the Milwaukee Bucks Thursday night, Kobe Bryant and his team are hurting to say the least.
The Lakers, who have lost four of their last five games, will play the Sacramento Kings Saturday night at Arco Arena.
Bryant reportedly has a bone spur in his left foot, which has been bothering him for several games, according to the Associated Press. The 15-time All-Star is four points away from passing late Hall of Famer Wilt Chamberlain for fourth on the NBA’s all-time scoring list.
Bryant is listed as probable against the Kings after seeing a specialist Friday, according to the OC Register.
The injury may slow him down and ease whatever reported tension he might have with head coach Mike D’Antoni.
The Register also reported that D’Antoni looked annoyed with Bryant resorting to his old “ball-stopping” ways. On Thursday, the first-year Los Angeles coach reportedly called a pick-and-roll for Pau Gasol, to have the clearly injured Bryant pass the ball, and his comment after the game may have been teeming with frustration.
"Just play the game,” D’Antoni said. “We try to go a little bit too much one-on-one."
Point guard Steve Nash is listed as probable with hamstring and hip injuries. The 39-year-old has battled through injuries this season, while leading the team with 6.8 assists per game. However that is Nash’s lowest assist total since his 1999-00 season with the Dallas Mavericks, when he averaged 4.9 per contest.
Nash has missed 24 games already this year, and the Lakers will need his leadership as they battle the Utah Jazz for the final playoff spot in the Western Conference with nine games remaining in the regular season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Novak Djokovic Stars In A New Commercial For Gerble Sans Gluten et Sans Souci
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best