New iPhone 6 Concept Fuses Looks of iPhone and Sony’s Xperia Z
By Erik Pineda | March 28, 2013 2:03 PM EST
Nothing yet is confirmed about the iPhone 6, not even its existence, but phone designers cannot help to express how they envision the rumoured Apple phablet, which a new render suggests looks like Sony's Xperia Z.
In a new concept cooked up by Abel Verdezoto, the iPhone 6 appears as a gadget freshly rolled out from Sony's production lines, giving out images of a smartphone that bears Apple's signature black and Sony's boxy casing.
First published by Yanko Design, the oversized smartphone pushes new ideas that "include straight sides with chrome accents, upper and lower angles curved with grainy texture and gloss finish."
But unlike in earlier iPhone 6 renders, Mr Verdezoto chose not to tinker with the handset's Home button, which remains resting at the bottom portion of the phone's front face and maintaining its capacitive function.
However, the designer's touch was highlighted when he opted to position the power button and the volume rocker on the left side of his iPhone 6 concept. On the right side, provisions for a 3.5mm earphone jack and a Nano slot were allowed.
At the bottom, a metallic and magnetised connector was placed to accommodate accessories such as charging or speaker docks.
The revisions by Mr Verdezoto now suggest that new accessories will have to be introduced by Apple with the iPhone 6.
The concept is silent on other specs like screen size and the CPU powerhouse under its sleek-looking hood but so is Apple.
Experts, nonetheless, are convinced that Apple will make the iPhone 6 screen big enough to allow for a 4.8-inch or 5-inch display screen with A7 64-bit computing chips and iOS 7 running the whole show.
Analysts have projected that in case Apple will push through with the iPhone 6 launch, it will happen in the initial months of Q1 2014 and the phone will sport fingerprint sensor for extra security and wireless charging.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Coming Out Gay Defies Corporate Norm: Tech Execs Applaud Inspiring Essay
- Bombshell, Shocking And Wild Read: Jefferies & Co. Sage Kelly Forces Wife To Have Sex With Clients For A Deal
- Russia Succeeds Where US Fails: ISS NASA Antares Rocket Explosion Meant to Happen; Russia Successfully Launches Cargo Ship
- The Cost Of Getting Infected With Ebola
- Walmart Sells ‘Fat Girl Costumes’ for Halloween
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists