New iPhone 6 Concept Fuses Looks of iPhone and Sony’s Xperia Z
By Erik Pineda | March 28, 2013 2:03 PM EST
Nothing yet is confirmed about the iPhone 6, not even its existence, but phone designers cannot help to express how they envision the rumoured Apple phablet, which a new render suggests looks like Sony's Xperia Z.
In a new concept cooked up by Abel Verdezoto, the iPhone 6 appears as a gadget freshly rolled out from Sony's production lines, giving out images of a smartphone that bears Apple's signature black and Sony's boxy casing.
First published by Yanko Design, the oversized smartphone pushes new ideas that "include straight sides with chrome accents, upper and lower angles curved with grainy texture and gloss finish."
But unlike in earlier iPhone 6 renders, Mr Verdezoto chose not to tinker with the handset's Home button, which remains resting at the bottom portion of the phone's front face and maintaining its capacitive function.
However, the designer's touch was highlighted when he opted to position the power button and the volume rocker on the left side of his iPhone 6 concept. On the right side, provisions for a 3.5mm earphone jack and a Nano slot were allowed.
At the bottom, a metallic and magnetised connector was placed to accommodate accessories such as charging or speaker docks.
The revisions by Mr Verdezoto now suggest that new accessories will have to be introduced by Apple with the iPhone 6.
The concept is silent on other specs like screen size and the CPU powerhouse under its sleek-looking hood but so is Apple.
Experts, nonetheless, are convinced that Apple will make the iPhone 6 screen big enough to allow for a 4.8-inch or 5-inch display screen with A7 64-bit computing chips and iOS 7 running the whole show.
Analysts have projected that in case Apple will push through with the iPhone 6 launch, it will happen in the initial months of Q1 2014 and the phone will sport fingerprint sensor for extra security and wireless charging.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers