2014 Toyota Highlander Live Stream: Watch The World Debut From The 2013 New York Auto Show [WATCH HERE]
By Charles Poladian | March 27, 2013 3:38 PM EST
Toyota Motor Corp. (NYSE:TM) is unveiling the 2014 Highlander to the world Wednesday morning at the 2013 New York Auto Show. Not much is known about the sports utility vehicle other than it is a "sleek and strong" SUV and that, despite its smaller size, Toyota promises "no sacrifices" in performance or features.
The 2014 Highlander live stream can be viewed below. Toyota will unveil the SUV at a 9:10 a.m. EDT news conference. The Wall Street Journal got a sneak peek at the new SUV and noted that it is a more stylish than previous Highlanders. The mid-size SUV appeals to families and the 2014 Highlander aims to be more appealing to that market.
The mid-size SUV has become as much of an American staple as a station wagon or minivan but, according to the Journal, Toyota is looking to elevate the 2014 Highlander to be more than just a reliable ride, emphasizing style as a main selling point.
Toyota has remained coy about its new SUV before the big debut, and speculation about possible features has been kept to a minimum. Digital Trends believes the 2014 Highlander will use the same Camry platform as the 2013 Highlander and feature the same "3.5-liter V6, dual electric motors, and nickel-metal-hydride battery pack." Digital Trends believes a hybrid version is likely although it's unclear if the 2014 Highlander will improve on the estimated 28 MPG of its predecessor.
Photos made available reveal only small aspects of the car, such as tight close-ups of a singular headlight or taillight, while one of Toyota's bigger announcements includes dangling a concealed 2014 Highlander with the tagline, "Just hanging around New York waiting for my big debut."
You can view the 2014 Highlander live stream below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Upcoming Ford Falcon Can Save Life with 000 Technology During Crash
- All-New Mazda2 to Roll Out in Australia This Summer
- Much-Awaited Mazda MX-5 Limited Edition in Australia
- 75 Dead from China Car Parts Plant Blast, Poor Safety Measures Blamed
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- Scotland Voted Against Independence, Early Results Indicate