iPhone 6, iPhone 5S Release Dates Set in June 29 and September, Says Analysts
By Kristin Dian Mariano | March 27, 2013 11:28 AM EST
Analysts predicted that tech giant Apple will release the next generation of iPhone around June 29.
According to Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster, Apple will release the next generation iPhone in June this year.
The analyst believes that after launching the next iPhone model, Cupertino should be able to sell about 4 million units, taking into account that the iPhone 5 sold 5 million during the launch weekend.
He also predicted that the handset will come with a faster processor, an improved camera and even new software features and "an outside chance" to have NFC capabilities.
Following the iPhone 6, Apple will release a budget smartphone dubbed as the iPhone 5S, with a price of $250, as predicted by Munster.
According to the latest rumour, Apple's supply chain will start shipping the components for the iPhone 5S at the end of May, so the next generation smartphone will likely have a chance of showing up in the third quarter, reports Digitimes. The smartphone is speculated to be released with the fifth generation of Apple's iPad.
Last week, Amit Daryanani of RBC Capital Markets made a similar prediction that suggests June or July are set for the launch date of the iPhone 5S and the low-cost model.
Apple is expected to include an improved camera in the iPhone 6 and/or iPhone 5S which is rumoured to be capable of taking "Super HD" pictures. In order to take snaps at that resolution it'll need to have at least a 13 mega-pixel camera.
The lack of NFC support on the iPhone 5 was one of the biggest criticisms aimed at Apple's smartphone. Rumours suggest that the iPhone 5S could include support for the contact-less technology which can be used to pay for items in retail stores. Other features rumoured to be included in the handset is the A7 quad core chip processor, Retina or IGZO screen display among others.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft