Castle Season 5 Finale Spoilers: Can Writers Top 'Always?' (Plus other questions)
By Arlene Paredes | March 26, 2013 4:16 PM EST
Castle Season 5 finale is only five episodes away. The 100th episode next week (Apr. 1, ABC) brings fans closer to the end of another chapter. The scenes from the Season 4 finale, "Always," are still very fresh in viewers' memory. How can series creator Andrew Marlowe top that?
In an interview with TVGuide.com, Marlowe hinted the developments in next week's episode are linked to the main story of Castle Season 5. Episode 20, "The Lives of Others," brings to the surface some relationship updates about Richard Castle and Kate Beckett. This is Marlowe's way of raising a toast to Castle viewers.
"We wanted to do a (100th) show that was a bubbly glass of champagne for fans," Marlowe told TV Guide, implying that producers deliberately avoid too much drama on the Caskett love front. Such moments are for special occasions, such as the landmark century episode. It will be "something that was a perfect, quintessential Castle episode that really fixed the lens on the Castle-Beckett dynamic."
Terri Edda Miller, Marlowe's wife and 100th episode co-writer said Episode 20 will usher in viewers to an "emotional, complicated" season finale. (Uh-oh, cool-off on the horizon? It's okay, if this is what it takes to make them realize they are ready for the big vows.)
It was in Episode 10, "Significant Others," when viewers last saw how complicated the Caskett couple can be. Kate had a little talk with Meredith, Castle's ex-wife. She told Kate that Castle rarely opened up about his life, his innermost thoughts. It was then that Kate asked about Castle's father. And it seems they will be on that same route by Episode 20: Kate asks herself whether she could really be the one for Castle.
"They'll start posing questions like, 'Where are we going?'" explained Marlowe. "Am I wasting my time?" He further teased the viewers.
Contrary to earlier buzz, Castle Season 5 finale is not going to be called "Still." Miller tweeted about the confusion, saying the finale has yet to be given a title. "Still" goes to the additional episode ordered by ABC, but it will be shown prior to the big season finale.
Game of Thrones Season 3: What's next for Tyrion Lannister and Daenerys Targaryen? [Read]
How I Met Your Mother Season 8 Finale: 'Something New' in Robin-Barney Wedding Surprise(s)? [Read]
The Mentalist: Red John kills [SPOILER], How close is Patrick Jane [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers for July 31, 2014: Plans, Conditions and Ultimatums in B&B [WATCH VIDEO]
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- The Bachelor Australia: Tim, Anna Relationship Update
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools