Castle Season 5 Finale Spoilers: Can Writers Top 'Always?' (Plus other questions)
By Arlene Paredes | March 26, 2013 4:16 PM EST
Castle Season 5 finale is only five episodes away. The 100th episode next week (Apr. 1, ABC) brings fans closer to the end of another chapter. The scenes from the Season 4 finale, "Always," are still very fresh in viewers' memory. How can series creator Andrew Marlowe top that?
In an interview with TVGuide.com, Marlowe hinted the developments in next week's episode are linked to the main story of Castle Season 5. Episode 20, "The Lives of Others," brings to the surface some relationship updates about Richard Castle and Kate Beckett. This is Marlowe's way of raising a toast to Castle viewers.
"We wanted to do a (100th) show that was a bubbly glass of champagne for fans," Marlowe told TV Guide, implying that producers deliberately avoid too much drama on the Caskett love front. Such moments are for special occasions, such as the landmark century episode. It will be "something that was a perfect, quintessential Castle episode that really fixed the lens on the Castle-Beckett dynamic."
Terri Edda Miller, Marlowe's wife and 100th episode co-writer said Episode 20 will usher in viewers to an "emotional, complicated" season finale. (Uh-oh, cool-off on the horizon? It's okay, if this is what it takes to make them realize they are ready for the big vows.)
It was in Episode 10, "Significant Others," when viewers last saw how complicated the Caskett couple can be. Kate had a little talk with Meredith, Castle's ex-wife. She told Kate that Castle rarely opened up about his life, his innermost thoughts. It was then that Kate asked about Castle's father. And it seems they will be on that same route by Episode 20: Kate asks herself whether she could really be the one for Castle.
"They'll start posing questions like, 'Where are we going?'" explained Marlowe. "Am I wasting my time?" He further teased the viewers.
Contrary to earlier buzz, Castle Season 5 finale is not going to be called "Still." Miller tweeted about the confusion, saying the finale has yet to be given a title. "Still" goes to the additional episode ordered by ABC, but it will be shown prior to the big season finale.
Game of Thrones Season 3: What's next for Tyrion Lannister and Daenerys Targaryen? [Read]
How I Met Your Mother Season 8 Finale: 'Something New' in Robin-Barney Wedding Surprise(s)? [Read]
The Mentalist: Red John kills [SPOILER], How close is Patrick Jane [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ New Images Of Bard And Smaug In Battle
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report