iOS 6.1.3 Jailbreak on iPhone 5/4S, iPad mini OS update reviewed
By Arlene Paredes | March 26, 2013 11:05 AM EST
iOS 6.1.3 jailbreak guides came out as soon as Apple released last week its latest official OS update. The latest iOS software update is meant to fix a lock screen issue on the iPhone and update Maps for users in Japan. Now international iDevice users are looking for ways to escape Apple restrictions.
The evad3rs, the developers who helped several millions of jailbreakers in February are skipping iOS 6.1.3. David Wang, one of the evad3rs who developed the evasi0n tool, has said they have found at least one bug in the latest software update. But they will postpone a significant action until the next major iOS update, presumably the iOS 7. This latest OS update by Apple blocks the evasi0n tool from working.
The "Unlock iPhone" website unlock-jailbreak.net is offering the "easiest unlock and jailbreak iPhone iOS 6.1.3." (International Business Times does not promote the service, but merely reports that some developers have come out with ways to break into the Apple system.) Unlock-jailbreak promises to free users of iPhone 5, 4S, 4, 3GS, as well as users of full-sized iPads, from their OS "jail." This tool, however, is not for free. It costs $24.99, inclusive of lifetime updates and support. The site reads, "Our purpose at Unlock-Jailbreak is simple: Prove users the best tools and knowledge about iPhone Unlocking and iPhone Jailbreaking."
Meanwhile, gottabemobile.com has published a review of iOS 6.1.3 on the iPad mini. Josh Smith reported the battery life of his device may have improved with the latest OS update. However, users reporting at the Apple Support Communities are singing a different tune. One user shared with others how he fixed the problem: "I can confirm that I fixed my battery drain problem by deleting my Exchange account, doing a hard reset then setting up a new Exchange account. Thanks for the help."
Some tech reviewers have also reported on a lock screen exploit in iOS 6.1.3. If you're a user of iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S with Siri disabled, scroll down to watch the video below. See if you would observe the same results.
The iOS 6.1.3 jailbreak is a typical quest for tech-savvy Apple users who want more power from their devices. Choosing the right jailbreak tool should be done carefully, and done only with a significant understanding of the OS environment.
VIDEO: iOS 6.1.3 Bug Found
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James