Royal Enfield Working on 250-cc Motorcycle to Challenge Bajaj, Honda; Set to Launch Cafe Racer this Year
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 25, 2013 11:00 PM EST
Legendary Bullet maker Royal Enfield is reportedly contemplating on producing 250cc motorcycles for India to challenge the current leaders in this sector like Bajaj and Honda.
Royal Enfield, a name which is celebrated for its Bullets, is seeking to expand its foothold in the market. According to reports, the company is seriously considering the option of 250cc two-wheelers for the Indian market, as there is an increasing competition in this segment.
The upcoming 250cc models would challenge the Bajaj Pulsar 220cc and Honda CBR 250R. However, the company has declined to comment on the latest report. At present, it does not produce any model smaller than 350cc displacement.
"Royal Enfield is a dominant player in the premium 350 cc and above motorcycle segment in India and will continue with its focus on this segment. Currently, Royal Enfield is not planning any motorcycle below 350 cc. In the second half of 2013, Royal Enfield will be launching the much awaited Cafe Racer that will also be in the premium category," a spokesman said to Hindustan Times.
Meanwhile, Royal Enfield's much anticipated Cafe Racer, which is powered by a 535cc engine, is reportedly gearing to launch by the end of this year. Cafe Racer is expected to generate more power and torque than the company's Thunderbird and Classic. The company is yet to reveal the pricing of this model for India. However, as per earlier rumours, the model is likely to fall in the bracket of ₹ 2 lakhs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Apple Inc Shifting to 'Lifestyle Brand' Under Tim Cook; Samsung Losing Smartphone Numbers War
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools