Royal Enfield Working on 250-cc Motorcycle to Challenge Bajaj, Honda; Set to Launch Cafe Racer this Year
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 25, 2013 11:00 PM EST
Legendary Bullet maker Royal Enfield is reportedly contemplating on producing 250cc motorcycles for India to challenge the current leaders in this sector like Bajaj and Honda.
Royal Enfield, a name which is celebrated for its Bullets, is seeking to expand its foothold in the market. According to reports, the company is seriously considering the option of 250cc two-wheelers for the Indian market, as there is an increasing competition in this segment.
The upcoming 250cc models would challenge the Bajaj Pulsar 220cc and Honda CBR 250R. However, the company has declined to comment on the latest report. At present, it does not produce any model smaller than 350cc displacement.
"Royal Enfield is a dominant player in the premium 350 cc and above motorcycle segment in India and will continue with its focus on this segment. Currently, Royal Enfield is not planning any motorcycle below 350 cc. In the second half of 2013, Royal Enfield will be launching the much awaited Cafe Racer that will also be in the premium category," a spokesman said to Hindustan Times.
Meanwhile, Royal Enfield's much anticipated Cafe Racer, which is powered by a 535cc engine, is reportedly gearing to launch by the end of this year. Cafe Racer is expected to generate more power and torque than the company's Thunderbird and Classic. The company is yet to reveal the pricing of this model for India. However, as per earlier rumours, the model is likely to fall in the bracket of ₹ 2 lakhs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’