Royal Enfield Working on 250-cc Motorcycle to Challenge Bajaj, Honda; Set to Launch Cafe Racer this Year
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 25, 2013 11:00 PM EST
Legendary Bullet maker Royal Enfield is reportedly contemplating on producing 250cc motorcycles for India to challenge the current leaders in this sector like Bajaj and Honda.
Royal Enfield, a name which is celebrated for its Bullets, is seeking to expand its foothold in the market. According to reports, the company is seriously considering the option of 250cc two-wheelers for the Indian market, as there is an increasing competition in this segment.
The upcoming 250cc models would challenge the Bajaj Pulsar 220cc and Honda CBR 250R. However, the company has declined to comment on the latest report. At present, it does not produce any model smaller than 350cc displacement.
"Royal Enfield is a dominant player in the premium 350 cc and above motorcycle segment in India and will continue with its focus on this segment. Currently, Royal Enfield is not planning any motorcycle below 350 cc. In the second half of 2013, Royal Enfield will be launching the much awaited Cafe Racer that will also be in the premium category," a spokesman said to Hindustan Times.
Meanwhile, Royal Enfield's much anticipated Cafe Racer, which is powered by a 535cc engine, is reportedly gearing to launch by the end of this year. Cafe Racer is expected to generate more power and torque than the company's Thunderbird and Classic. The company is yet to reveal the pricing of this model for India. However, as per earlier rumours, the model is likely to fall in the bracket of ₹ 2 lakhs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock EPS Raised to $7.67 Per Share; Apple Pay Could Be Promising in Australia
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date