Royal Enfield Working on 250-cc Motorcycle to Challenge Bajaj, Honda; Set to Launch Cafe Racer this Year
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 25, 2013 11:00 PM EST
Legendary Bullet maker Royal Enfield is reportedly contemplating on producing 250cc motorcycles for India to challenge the current leaders in this sector like Bajaj and Honda.
Royal Enfield, a name which is celebrated for its Bullets, is seeking to expand its foothold in the market. According to reports, the company is seriously considering the option of 250cc two-wheelers for the Indian market, as there is an increasing competition in this segment.
The upcoming 250cc models would challenge the Bajaj Pulsar 220cc and Honda CBR 250R. However, the company has declined to comment on the latest report. At present, it does not produce any model smaller than 350cc displacement.
"Royal Enfield is a dominant player in the premium 350 cc and above motorcycle segment in India and will continue with its focus on this segment. Currently, Royal Enfield is not planning any motorcycle below 350 cc. In the second half of 2013, Royal Enfield will be launching the much awaited Cafe Racer that will also be in the premium category," a spokesman said to Hindustan Times.
Meanwhile, Royal Enfield's much anticipated Cafe Racer, which is powered by a 535cc engine, is reportedly gearing to launch by the end of this year. Cafe Racer is expected to generate more power and torque than the company's Thunderbird and Classic. The company is yet to reveal the pricing of this model for India. However, as per earlier rumours, the model is likely to fall in the bracket of ₹ 2 lakhs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock Rises Again Despite Bendgate, iOS 8 Bugs; Samsung Stock At Two-Year Low
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Ello Pegged As The Anti-Facebook Social Network
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate