Rapper Gucci Mane Wanted For Assault At Atlanta Nightclub
By Eric Brown | March 25, 2013 7:39 AM EST
Rapper Gucci Mane, 33, is wanted by Atlanta police after allegedly beating a fan over the head with a champagne bottle in a downtown nightclub.
James Lettley, 32, attempted to strike up a conversation with Gucci Mane during a mixtape release party in the VIP section of Atlanta’s Harlem Nights Ultra Lounge on March 16, according to the Associated Press.
Soon after Lettley began speaking to him, Gucci Mane -- born Radric Davis -- struck him in the face with the champagne bottle. A second man reportedly hit Lettley in the face soon afterward. The rapper, who appeared in the recently released film "Spring Breakers," reportedly then left the scene.
"I'm in the military. I wanted to get a picture with Gucci Mane," Lettley told Atlanta's WSB-TV. "I was speaking to the security guard, and Gucci Mane hit me in the head with a bottle."
Following the incident, Lettley was rushed to nearby Grady Memorial Hospital and treated for his wounds, which required 10 stitches, the New York Daily News reported. Lettley returned from a tour of Afghanistan in October.
Police later issued an arrest warrant on suspicion of aggravated assault for Gucci Mane.
This is far from the first time Gucci Mane has encountered legal trouble. In 2005, he was charged with murder after a group of men attacked him at a house in Decatur, Ga., and the body of one attacker was subsequently found behind a nearby middle school.
Ultimately, the murder charge was dropped due to lack of evidence and Davis’ plea of self-defense, MTV said.
In 2010, Gucci Mane was arrested in Atlanta for “driving on the wrong side of the road, running a red light or stop sign, damage to government property, obstruction, no license, no proof of insurance and other traffic charges,” according to AllHipHop.com. During the arrest, Gucci Mane was subdued with pepper spray.
In 2011, the rapper faced a number of charges, including two counts of alleged aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date