Los Angeles Lakers Vs. Washington Wizards: Where To Watch Live Stream Online Of Kobe Bryant And Pau Gasol’s Return
March 23, 2013 8:09 AM EST
For the first time in almost two months, the Los Angeles Lakers will have their full complement of stars.
Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol are scheduled to return on Friday as L.A. takes on the Washington Wizards. Bryant hasn’t played in a week with a sprained ankle and Gasol hasn’t been on the court since early February because of a foot injury.
Bryant will start in place of Jodie Meeks, who averaged seven points in the shooting guard’s absence. Gasol is expected to start in place of Earl Clark, who has started 33 games this season.
In the offseason, the Lakers became the favorites in the West when they paired Dwight Howard and Steve Nash with Bryant and Gasol. However, the group has barely played together because of injuries, with all four stars being healthy for just 17 games.
Both Gasol and Bryant will play, but they might not be on the court for the length of time that they are accustomed to. The seven-footer is expected to play limited minutes after sitting out for so many games. According to Mike D’Antoni, Gasol’s conditioning doesn’t have him in shape to play as many minutes as he did earlier in the year.
Even with the injuries, though, Los Angeles is playing extremely well. They’ve lost just four times since the All-Star Break, and have taken hold of the eighth seed in the Western Conference.
The Wizards are virtually out of postseason contention, but have played much better than their 0-12 start. Since John Wall has come back from injury, Washington is over .500 with a 19-15 record.
The Lakers had one of their worst performances of the season in their last contest. They lost to the Phoenix Suns by 23, scoring just 76 points.
On Friday, the L.A. will come into the game after having four days off. They should be fresh to play the Wizards, who last played on Wednesday.
Los Angeles is expected to win fairly easily in Bryant and Gasol’s return. The Lakers are favored by 8.5 points at most Las Vega casinos.
Tip-off is set for 10:30 p.m. ET at Staples Center. Viewers can watch a live stream online by purchasing NBA League Pass Broadband.
Prediction: Los Angeles 100, Washington 90
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Hits Back At Guardiola Claiming Every Player He Spoke To Wants Old Trafford Move
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- Xiaomi Mi4 v. Moto X (2014) – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown