Los Angeles Lakers Vs. Washington Wizards: Where To Watch Live Stream Online Of Kobe Bryant And Pau Gasol’s Return
March 23, 2013 8:09 AM EST
For the first time in almost two months, the Los Angeles Lakers will have their full complement of stars.
Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol are scheduled to return on Friday as L.A. takes on the Washington Wizards. Bryant hasn’t played in a week with a sprained ankle and Gasol hasn’t been on the court since early February because of a foot injury.
Bryant will start in place of Jodie Meeks, who averaged seven points in the shooting guard’s absence. Gasol is expected to start in place of Earl Clark, who has started 33 games this season.
In the offseason, the Lakers became the favorites in the West when they paired Dwight Howard and Steve Nash with Bryant and Gasol. However, the group has barely played together because of injuries, with all four stars being healthy for just 17 games.
Both Gasol and Bryant will play, but they might not be on the court for the length of time that they are accustomed to. The seven-footer is expected to play limited minutes after sitting out for so many games. According to Mike D’Antoni, Gasol’s conditioning doesn’t have him in shape to play as many minutes as he did earlier in the year.
Even with the injuries, though, Los Angeles is playing extremely well. They’ve lost just four times since the All-Star Break, and have taken hold of the eighth seed in the Western Conference.
The Wizards are virtually out of postseason contention, but have played much better than their 0-12 start. Since John Wall has come back from injury, Washington is over .500 with a 19-15 record.
The Lakers had one of their worst performances of the season in their last contest. They lost to the Phoenix Suns by 23, scoring just 76 points.
On Friday, the L.A. will come into the game after having four days off. They should be fresh to play the Wizards, who last played on Wednesday.
Los Angeles is expected to win fairly easily in Bryant and Gasol’s return. The Lakers are favored by 8.5 points at most Las Vega casinos.
Tip-off is set for 10:30 p.m. ET at Staples Center. Viewers can watch a live stream online by purchasing NBA League Pass Broadband.
Prediction: Los Angeles 100, Washington 90
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June