Los Angeles Lakers Vs. Washington Wizards: Where To Watch Live Stream Online Of Kobe Bryant And Pau Gasol’s Return
March 23, 2013 8:09 AM EST
For the first time in almost two months, the Los Angeles Lakers will have their full complement of stars.
Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol are scheduled to return on Friday as L.A. takes on the Washington Wizards. Bryant hasn’t played in a week with a sprained ankle and Gasol hasn’t been on the court since early February because of a foot injury.
Bryant will start in place of Jodie Meeks, who averaged seven points in the shooting guard’s absence. Gasol is expected to start in place of Earl Clark, who has started 33 games this season.
In the offseason, the Lakers became the favorites in the West when they paired Dwight Howard and Steve Nash with Bryant and Gasol. However, the group has barely played together because of injuries, with all four stars being healthy for just 17 games.
Both Gasol and Bryant will play, but they might not be on the court for the length of time that they are accustomed to. The seven-footer is expected to play limited minutes after sitting out for so many games. According to Mike D’Antoni, Gasol’s conditioning doesn’t have him in shape to play as many minutes as he did earlier in the year.
Even with the injuries, though, Los Angeles is playing extremely well. They’ve lost just four times since the All-Star Break, and have taken hold of the eighth seed in the Western Conference.
The Wizards are virtually out of postseason contention, but have played much better than their 0-12 start. Since John Wall has come back from injury, Washington is over .500 with a 19-15 record.
The Lakers had one of their worst performances of the season in their last contest. They lost to the Phoenix Suns by 23, scoring just 76 points.
On Friday, the L.A. will come into the game after having four days off. They should be fresh to play the Wizards, who last played on Wednesday.
Los Angeles is expected to win fairly easily in Bryant and Gasol’s return. The Lakers are favored by 8.5 points at most Las Vega casinos.
Tip-off is set for 10:30 p.m. ET at Staples Center. Viewers can watch a live stream online by purchasing NBA League Pass Broadband.
Prediction: Los Angeles 100, Washington 90
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- Manny Pacquiao Calls Out On Floyd Mayweather Jr. Again After Unbeaten Boxer Mocks Him With His KO Video
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Phil Hughes No More: Australian Batsman Dies at 25
- 2014 NFL Thanksgiving Games Results: Detroit Lions, Philadelphia Eagles, Seattle Seahawks Notch All-Important Wins With Major Postseason Implications
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report