Ohio State Vs. Iona: Where To Watch Free Live Online Stream Of 2nd Round Of 2013 March Madness; CBS, Prediction, Preview, TV Channel For NCAA Tournament Game
By IB Times Staff Reporter | March 23, 2013 7:39 AM EST
Armed with one of the Big Ten’s best defenses and an eight-game winning streak, the Ohio State Buckeyes chase their 12th Final Four appearance as they take on Iona Friday night at UD Arena in Dayton.
The No. 2 seed Buckeyes followed up their second place finish in the Big Ten regular season with a blistering tournament run, and downed Wisconsin 50-43 in the championship game.
Junior Deshaun Thomas scored a game-high 17 points with seven rebounds, but Ohio State struggled from 3-point range, going 1-for-16. The Buckeyes were third in 3-point percentage in the conference this season.
Star defensive guard Aaron Craft totaled nine points and six rebounds, and it was the second game all season he failed to record a steal. Over the last five games, Craft is shooting 61.3 percent from the floor.
Craft and the Buckeyes defense may have their hands full against the Gaels and their high-octane offense.
Iona was second in the nation with 80.7 points per game, and have an efficient propensity to move the ball, averaging 15.5 assists.
The No. 15 Gaels are also riding a five-game winning streak after eking out a 60-57 victory over Manhattan in the MAAC tournament title game.
Junior guard Tre Bowman led all scorers with 20 points, while Lamont Jones misfired, shooting 4-for-13 for 14 points. Jones was averaging a MAAC-best 23 points per contest.
Iona also forced 19 Manhattan turnovers, earning it’s tenth tournament bid. The Gaels are 1-9 all-time in tournament play, and have never made it past the first weekend.
The game tips-off at 7:15 p.m. Eastern and will be broadcast by CBS, or watch a free live online stream at the NCAA March Madness official site here.
Betting Odds: Ohio State is favored by 14.5 points.
Over/Under: 145 points
Prediction: Craft will have to drape Jones throughout the game. Iona will have a tough time matching up against Thomas, who should have a monster game. The Buckeyes will advance in a blowout.
Predicted Score: Ohio State 75, Iona 52
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- Manchester United News: Man Utd. vs QPR - Preview and Live Streaming Link
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- Pope Francis Blasted For Defying Catholic Doctrine, Marries 20 Couples Who Have Cohabited And Had Children In No Else But St Peter's Basilica