PS4 News: Thief and Beyond: Two Souls Confirmed for PS4, Plus a Possible Console Design Released?
By Gilda Galang | March 22, 2013 3:12 PM EST
According to Trusted Reviews, it could very well be the first glimpse of the PS4 console, but given Sony's track record of constantly teasing fans, the device could be anyone's guess at this point.
What isn't a guess or a gamble are these two game titles that have been assured of being in the PS3, whether as an exclusive or as one of the platforms when they release in 2014.
Thief makes a comeback on the PS4
With almost a decade of absence of any releases or updates about thief, it's almost a fitting comeback with a bang as the fourth installment of Thief comes back straight to the PS4 and other next-gen consoles.
And while this upcoming release is, technically the latest in the series, NowGamer reports that this release is a reinvention of the old one, hence the drop of the 4 and the potential expansion of the game to higher territories.
In fact, now, master thief Garrett will have to make good use of his abilities as well as the environment to go through the different obstacles and routes.
Another addition for the less trigger-happy gamers is the no-kill approach, where one can go through the game without having to resort to lethal methods, reports Shacknews. Gamers will have to wait until 2014 before the release of Thief, but it seems like a worthwhile wait given the decade-long preparation.
Beyond: Two Souls to be the first Quantic Dream title for PS4
Developer Quantic Dream already has its first PS4 title set out, and work is already pushing ahead. Beyond Two Souls, a PS3 game that's slated for release this October, is now also in the studio for the PS4 release.
Gamespot reports that the PS4 version will be more of a story-driven and character-based game, to avoid duplicating projects which is already slated to release in the current generation platform.
"Because of our relationship with Sony, we had access to development kits on PlayStation 4 very early on," said Quantic Dream founder David Cage to Gamespot. "We started developing [Beyond's] engine on PlayStation with crazy features that were usually reserved to CG films."
EuroGamer adds that Beyond: Two Souls is a supernatural thriller where the main lead, played by Ellen Page of Juno and Inception, has psychic powers that link her to a mysterious entity.
For now, Beyond: Two Souls is slated for an exclusive release on the PS3 on October 8 for the U.S. and Europe.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales