PS4 News: Thief and Beyond: Two Souls Confirmed for PS4, Plus a Possible Console Design Released?
By Gilda Galang | March 22, 2013 3:12 PM EST
According to Trusted Reviews, it could very well be the first glimpse of the PS4 console, but given Sony's track record of constantly teasing fans, the device could be anyone's guess at this point.
What isn't a guess or a gamble are these two game titles that have been assured of being in the PS3, whether as an exclusive or as one of the platforms when they release in 2014.
Thief makes a comeback on the PS4
With almost a decade of absence of any releases or updates about thief, it's almost a fitting comeback with a bang as the fourth installment of Thief comes back straight to the PS4 and other next-gen consoles.
And while this upcoming release is, technically the latest in the series, NowGamer reports that this release is a reinvention of the old one, hence the drop of the 4 and the potential expansion of the game to higher territories.
In fact, now, master thief Garrett will have to make good use of his abilities as well as the environment to go through the different obstacles and routes.
Another addition for the less trigger-happy gamers is the no-kill approach, where one can go through the game without having to resort to lethal methods, reports Shacknews. Gamers will have to wait until 2014 before the release of Thief, but it seems like a worthwhile wait given the decade-long preparation.
Beyond: Two Souls to be the first Quantic Dream title for PS4
Developer Quantic Dream already has its first PS4 title set out, and work is already pushing ahead. Beyond Two Souls, a PS3 game that's slated for release this October, is now also in the studio for the PS4 release.
Gamespot reports that the PS4 version will be more of a story-driven and character-based game, to avoid duplicating projects which is already slated to release in the current generation platform.
"Because of our relationship with Sony, we had access to development kits on PlayStation 4 very early on," said Quantic Dream founder David Cage to Gamespot. "We started developing [Beyond's] engine on PlayStation with crazy features that were usually reserved to CG films."
EuroGamer adds that Beyond: Two Souls is a supernatural thriller where the main lead, played by Ellen Page of Juno and Inception, has psychic powers that link her to a mysterious entity.
For now, Beyond: Two Souls is slated for an exclusive release on the PS3 on October 8 for the U.S. and Europe.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions