Nexus 5 is reported to be another collaborative work of LG and Google. Recent reports claim that LG will equip the upcoming Nexus 5 with the codename "Megalodon" as the first smart phone to have Qualcomm's Snapdragon 800 processor that remarkably features the Ultra HD 4K video recording.
The LG Nexus 5 users can get a hold of resolution that is four times better than the regular HD videos with the Ultra HD 4K video recording. However, a 4K screen display, monitor or TV is needed to make the most out of the additional video pixels.
Listed below are the rumored features and specifications for the Nexus 5 that surfaced on the internet:
1. A 5.2-inch OLED screen display with 1920x1080p resolution.
2. Qualcomm's Snapdragon 800 processor clocked at 2.3GHz.
3. 3GB of RAM.
4. Available internal storage capacities of 16GB, 32GB and 64GB.
5. A 16MP OmniVision camera with 4K video recording at 30FPS, 1080p video recording at 60FPS, Real Time HDR & HDR video recording, optical image stabilization and BSI 2.0.
6. A 2.1MP front camera capable of 1080p video recording at 30FPS.
7. A 3300mAh Lithium Polymer battery.
8. Stereo speakers located at the front.
9. Qualcomm RF360 (LTE 150 Mbps & HSPA+)
10. Integrated DVB-T / ATSC-antenna.
11. Hand-gesture controls like navigation and zooming.
According to the Android and Me report, Google plans to launch the Nexus 5 on October 2013 even though the Search Engine giant has not confirmed who the manufacturer of the upcoming smart phone is. On the other hand, LG did not also confirm or deny the reports on the Nexus 5 plus the rumored OLED display technology and Ultra HD 4K video recording feature that could make Nexus 5 the next-generation smart phone.
To contact the editor, e-mail: