Dan Brown's book, both loved and hated and impossible to ignore, comes to Google Play Store. The digital book version is free to download for a limited period of time until March 24, 2013.
Dan Brown's publisher told The Wall Street Journal that the book will be available for free at online retailers including Google Play Store, Barnes & Noble, Amazon, and Apple iBookStore.
The free edition includes the prologue and first chapter of Dan Brown's next book, Inferno, which is set for release on May 14, 2013. The new novel will put Robert Langdon back in Europe, and there are prediction already coming out regarding the Inferno book.
1. Titled Inferno "Although I studied Dante's Inferno in high school, it wasn't until recently, while researching in Florence, that I came to appreciate the enduring influence of Dante's work on the modern world. With this new novel, I am excited to take readers on a journey deep into this mysterious realm. A landscape of codes, symbols, and more than few secret passageways." - Dan Brown's statement, quoted by TheWeek.com.
2. Plot of the Inferno "In the heart of Italy, Harvard professor of symbology, Robert Langdon, is drawn into harrowing world centred on one of history's most enduring and mysterious literary masterpieces ... Dante's Inferno," is Amazon's description. It is expected the plot would revolve more or less around the literary masterpiece, combined with symbols, codes, and futuristic science.
3. Critics Impression Critics are less pleased comparing the upcoming novel to the earlier books such as Da Vince Code which literally caused maddening echoes among religious scholars. "If Dan Brown does for Dante what he did for Leonardo Da Vinci, the general public will probably be delighted, while the scholarly community will probably tear out their hair," said Stephen Milner, Serene Professor of Italian at Manchester University in an interview with The Independent.
4. Movie Adaptation The upcoming move film adaptation of the 2009 novel Lost Symbol determines if another movie will be released. The movie Lost Symbol has been reported to be in pre-production in 2013, and Tom Hanks will reprise his role as Robert Langdon. The Da Vinci Code movie earned more than $750 million and the Angels & Demons earned almost $500 million.
5. More Codes and Symbols? If you visit the Web site of Dan Brown, you will find a number of little puzzles to solve. The square of letter and numbers might look gibberish but quite easy to solve. It is actually a Caesar Square, in which instead of reading left to right, top to bottom, it should be read from top to bottom then left to right. Read closely and it says, "MS408 Yale Library," the call number of a certain manuscript within Yale's Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library - the Voynich Manuscript. If the Web site contains codes and puzzles, the Inferno novel won't be different and has more to feature like the other books.
For gamers, Dante's Inferno is available for PS3 and PSP. Check out the Story Line Trailer.