8:40 am EDT: The President began his day with a visit to the Israel Museum with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Israel’s Ambassador to the U.S. Michael Oren. Roads to and surrounding the museum were blocked off ahead of time, Times of Israel reported. Obama toured the tech section of the Museum, showcasing Israel’s technological innovations, as well as the Dead Sea Scrolls. Obama also posed for pictures with several young Israelis and soldiers, one of whom was wounded in action, Haaretz said.
8:30 am EDT: Overnight during the President's stay, rocket sirens were heard in the southern town of Sderot, close to the border with Gaza. One rocket exploded in the backyard of an Israeli home, Haaretz said, but no one was hurt.
Obama's schedule for Thursday, March 21:
* Visit the Israel Museum, where he will view the Dead Sea Scrolls and also attend a technology expo.
* Travel to Ramallah, West Bank where he will be greeted with an official arrival ceremony.
* In the afternoon, President Obama will have a bilateral meeting with Palestinian Authority President Abbas.
* Working lunch with Palestinian Authority President Abbas followed by a press conference.
* Cultural event at Al-Bireh Youth Center and will meet with Palestinian Authority Prime Minister Fayyad.
* 11am EDT : Speech at the Jerusalem Convention Center.
* Dinner hosted by Israeli President Peres and will receive the Presidential Medal of Distinction.
To contact the editor, e-mail: