Ryan Gosling Reveals His Plan to Take Break from Acting: Wants to 'Reassess' his Life
By Simi John | March 21, 2013 11:42 PM EST
Ryan Gosling has revealed his plans on taking a break from his acting career. In an interview with the Associated Press, he said he wants take a break from his busy schedule.
"I've been doing it too much," he said, "I've lost perspective on what I'm doing. I think it's good for me to take a break and reassess why I'm doing it and how I'm doing it. And I think this is probably a good way to learn about that. I need a break from myself as much as I imagine the audience does."
The 32-year-old actor, who began his career at the age of 8 as a cast of The Mickey Mouse Club, has films including The Notebook, Half Nelson and Lars and the Real Girl to his credit. He also appeared in romantic comedy-drama film Crazy, Stupid, Love along with Emma Stone.
Before he goes on his break, he will release his new crime drama called The Place Beyond the Pines starring Bradley Cooper and real-life girlfriend actress Eva Mendes on 29 March.
"There's a lot of pressure to be the lead of a film," he said, "I have done it. It's not my favorite way to work."
"The more opportunities I'm given, the more I learn about how easy it is to [expletive] it up," he added, "You fight for freedom and then you get it, and then you have enough rope to hang yourself. It's like trying to exercise some restraint because I do have so much freedom."
Gosling was also among the top actor to play the role of Christian Grey in the film version of EL James's best-selling book, Fifty Shades of Grey.
The Oscar-nominated actor will make his directorial debut with How To Catch A Monster starring Christina Hendricks and Matt Smith, which will begin filming in 2013.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate