Next James Bond Film in 3 Years' Time
By IB Times Staff Reporter | March 21, 2013 11:02 PM EST
James Bond producers MGM said that they are looking to release the next James Bond film in the next three years, with Daniel Craig slated to play the MI6 agent in the next two films.
MGM also said they hoped to rope in a new director for the 24th film of the James Bond franchise.
The producers confirmed they were working on the screenplay for the next James Bond film, which is unofficially titled as Bond 24.
Garry Barber in an investor meeting, said, "We are very excited about the franchise, we look forward to announcing a director soon. We are currently developing our screenplay and working with our partners. We are hoping within the next three years it will be released."
The producers didn't give any additional detail about the casting of the film. But, they revealed Daniel Craig's participation for the next two James Bond films.
With Sam Mendes deciding not to direct the next James Bond film to focus his attention to Broadway, the producers are still searching for the right candidate to take over the reins of the film. Another favourite Danny Boyle ruled himself out of the race citing his failure to make Leonardo DiCaprio-starrer The Beach tick. He had said he was not adept in making big budget films.
The spotlight has now shifted to Sherlock Holmes director Guy Ritchie, who is the bookmakers' favourite to sit on the director's chair. Guy Ritchie has previously made films such as Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch.
The next director will have big boots to fill as the previous instalment Skyfall raked in more than $1bn (£657mn) worldwide.
If MGM release their next James Bond film in 2015, the film release will clash with Avatar 2, the next instalment of the Star Wars franchise and Tintin. In 2016, the expected films to release are Angry Birds, Finding Nemo and Avatar 3.
The three-year gap is not the worst hiatus for James Bond films with fans having to wait six years for GoldenEye (1995) to release. The previous Bond film License To Kill had released in 1989.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop