Samsung recently rolled out its latest Jelly Bean update for Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 via official Android 4.1.2 XXCMC3 firmware. The newly released firmware can now be downloaded from Samsung KIES or manually using this guide. As this is a completely unbranded firmware, it can be installed on any Galaxy Note N8000, whose bootloader is unlocked (not locked to a specific carrier). The official firmware brings some extra language packs for specific regions and does not require the use of custom recovery tools such as ClockworkMod (CWM) or TWRP, as it uses the ODIN flash tool for installing the firmware.
Update Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 to Official Android
4.1.2 Jelly Bean with XXCMC3 Firmware
Key Points to Note
- XXCMC3 official firmware and the instructions provided in this guide are applicable to the Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 model only and will not work with any other device. Verify the device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Back up important data and settings on the tablet by using one of the recommended custom recovery tools such as CWM or TWRP, as it creates a complete image of the existing phone setup.
- Ensure that the correct USB drivers are installed for Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 on the computer (download USB drivers).
- Verify that the USB Debugging Mode is enabled on the device by navigating to Settings > Developer Options (if the device is running on Android 4.0 or later) or go to Settings > Applications > Development (if the phone is running on Android 2.3 or earlier).
- Make sure that the tablet has at least 85 percent battery charge.
- Double check to ensure that the device is factory unlocked and not locked to a specific carrier.
- As this is an official release, root access to the device will be lost soon after flashing the firmware. Just root the tablet once again to regain full system access (Super User access) and be able to install third-party root-based apps, custom ROMs and latest system tweaks.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only. IBTimes UK will not be held responsible if the device is damaged during or after the firmware installation. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
How to Update Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 to Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with XXCMC3 Firmware
Update Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 to Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with XXCMC3 Firmware
Step 1 - Download Android 4.1.2 XXCMC3 official firmware for Galaxy Note 10.1 on the computer and extract the zip file.
Step 2 - Download ODIN v1.85 which is needed for installing the official firmware on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000.
Step 3 - Power off the tablet and boot it into Download Mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons together, until the Samsung logo or the construction Android robot icon with a triangle appears on screen. This confirms entry into Download Mode.
Step 4 - Launch ODIN on computer and connect the Galaxy Note to it while the tablet is still in Download Mode.
Step 5 - When the tablet connects successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes indicates yellow with the corresponding COM port number. This step may be time-consuming. So, leave it alone.
Step 6 - Choose the files that need to be flashed or installed on the tablet, which can be found among the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click the 'PDA' checkbox and choose the file named '.tar' or '.md5'.
- Tap the 'Phone' checkbox and click the file named 'MODEM'. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Hit the 'CSC' checkbox and choose the file named 'CSC'. Ignore this step if such file is missing.
- Click the 'PIT' checkbox and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if such file is absent.
Step 7 - In ODIN, enable Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. But, the Re-Partition option must be checked ONLY if a .pit file is chosen in the previous step.
Step 8 - Hit Start button in ODIN and the firmware installation process will begin. It would take just a few minutes to complete.
Step 9 - Once the firmware installation is completed, your tablet will reboot. When the home screen appears, disconnect the tablet from computer.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 is now successfully updated to Android 4.1.2 XXCMC3 official firmware. Go to Settings > About Tablet to verify the firmware version installed.
[Source: Team Android]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail: