Russell Brand Opens Up About Marriage to Katy Perry: 'That marriage was shaky'
By Czarina Malleta | March 21, 2013 4:23 PM EST
During the same week that Katy Perry's split with John Mayer, Russell Brand decides to spill a bit of details about his "shaky" marriage with the "Fireworks" singer.
It was a rough week for Katy Perry. News broke out that her relationship with John Mayer ended once again, this time there might be no turning back. Ironically though, just after her split, her ex-husband Russell Brand chooses to reminisce on what he describes as their "shaky" marriage.
37-year-old Brand who was co-hosting XFM Teenage Cancer Trust show last Tuesday was teased by his fellow hosts on his short marriage to Katy Perry. In his defense, Russell said that his marriage to the singer was problematic from the very beginning.
"That marriage was shaky from the get-go, before I'd even got off the elephant," Russell said.
He married Katy Perry back in 2010 in a traditional Indian wedding procession. Brand even arrived at the ceremony riding an elephant.
"It was a drag, man. Let me tell you a thing about marriage. Marriage is a bond that can last up to 14 months. This is a sacred 14-month arrangement. Begins on an elephant. Ends in a newspaper," the British comedian said bluntly.
Surely, his ex-wife will not be amused of his mockery, most especially now that she is going through another heartbreak. Well from the start, what could have Katy expected from John Mayer who is known to be a womanizer? She may have been able to tie him on a leash for a few months but that's just about how long it probably takes before he struggles to get loose.
An insider told US Weekly that the 28-year-old is taking the breakup hard. Their first split occurred last year and they quickly reconciled in a month's time.
"She's sad. She's been hiding out and leaning on close friends," the source said.
While Katy is hibernating, Mayer displays no sign of sadness at all. Mayer was spotted at Eveleigh in West Hollywood over the weekend. Onlookers said that the singer appears to be in "great spirit" who was with a female companion that time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Spoilers: Curly Hair Bachelorette’s Exit In Episode 16, Blake Talks About Laurina And Why He Rubbed His Eye
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown