Russell Brand Opens Up About Marriage to Katy Perry: 'That marriage was shaky'
By Czarina Malleta | March 21, 2013 4:23 PM EST
During the same week that Katy Perry's split with John Mayer, Russell Brand decides to spill a bit of details about his "shaky" marriage with the "Fireworks" singer.
It was a rough week for Katy Perry. News broke out that her relationship with John Mayer ended once again, this time there might be no turning back. Ironically though, just after her split, her ex-husband Russell Brand chooses to reminisce on what he describes as their "shaky" marriage.
37-year-old Brand who was co-hosting XFM Teenage Cancer Trust show last Tuesday was teased by his fellow hosts on his short marriage to Katy Perry. In his defense, Russell said that his marriage to the singer was problematic from the very beginning.
"That marriage was shaky from the get-go, before I'd even got off the elephant," Russell said.
He married Katy Perry back in 2010 in a traditional Indian wedding procession. Brand even arrived at the ceremony riding an elephant.
"It was a drag, man. Let me tell you a thing about marriage. Marriage is a bond that can last up to 14 months. This is a sacred 14-month arrangement. Begins on an elephant. Ends in a newspaper," the British comedian said bluntly.
Surely, his ex-wife will not be amused of his mockery, most especially now that she is going through another heartbreak. Well from the start, what could have Katy expected from John Mayer who is known to be a womanizer? She may have been able to tie him on a leash for a few months but that's just about how long it probably takes before he struggles to get loose.
An insider told US Weekly that the 28-year-old is taking the breakup hard. Their first split occurred last year and they quickly reconciled in a month's time.
"She's sad. She's been hiding out and leaning on close friends," the source said.
While Katy is hibernating, Mayer displays no sign of sadness at all. Mayer was spotted at Eveleigh in West Hollywood over the weekend. Onlookers said that the singer appears to be in "great spirit" who was with a female companion that time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report