Russell Brand Opens Up About Marriage to Katy Perry: 'That marriage was shaky'
By Czarina Malleta | March 21, 2013 4:23 PM EST
During the same week that Katy Perry's split with John Mayer, Russell Brand decides to spill a bit of details about his "shaky" marriage with the "Fireworks" singer.
It was a rough week for Katy Perry. News broke out that her relationship with John Mayer ended once again, this time there might be no turning back. Ironically though, just after her split, her ex-husband Russell Brand chooses to reminisce on what he describes as their "shaky" marriage.
37-year-old Brand who was co-hosting XFM Teenage Cancer Trust show last Tuesday was teased by his fellow hosts on his short marriage to Katy Perry. In his defense, Russell said that his marriage to the singer was problematic from the very beginning.
"That marriage was shaky from the get-go, before I'd even got off the elephant," Russell said.
He married Katy Perry back in 2010 in a traditional Indian wedding procession. Brand even arrived at the ceremony riding an elephant.
"It was a drag, man. Let me tell you a thing about marriage. Marriage is a bond that can last up to 14 months. This is a sacred 14-month arrangement. Begins on an elephant. Ends in a newspaper," the British comedian said bluntly.
Surely, his ex-wife will not be amused of his mockery, most especially now that she is going through another heartbreak. Well from the start, what could have Katy expected from John Mayer who is known to be a womanizer? She may have been able to tie him on a leash for a few months but that's just about how long it probably takes before he struggles to get loose.
An insider told US Weekly that the 28-year-old is taking the breakup hard. Their first split occurred last year and they quickly reconciled in a month's time.
"She's sad. She's been hiding out and leaning on close friends," the source said.
While Katy is hibernating, Mayer displays no sign of sadness at all. Mayer was spotted at Eveleigh in West Hollywood over the weekend. Onlookers said that the singer appears to be in "great spirit" who was with a female companion that time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2