Russell Brand Opens Up About Marriage to Katy Perry: 'That marriage was shaky'
By Czarina Malleta | March 21, 2013 4:23 PM EST
During the same week that Katy Perry's split with John Mayer, Russell Brand decides to spill a bit of details about his "shaky" marriage with the "Fireworks" singer.
It was a rough week for Katy Perry. News broke out that her relationship with John Mayer ended once again, this time there might be no turning back. Ironically though, just after her split, her ex-husband Russell Brand chooses to reminisce on what he describes as their "shaky" marriage.
37-year-old Brand who was co-hosting XFM Teenage Cancer Trust show last Tuesday was teased by his fellow hosts on his short marriage to Katy Perry. In his defense, Russell said that his marriage to the singer was problematic from the very beginning.
"That marriage was shaky from the get-go, before I'd even got off the elephant," Russell said.
He married Katy Perry back in 2010 in a traditional Indian wedding procession. Brand even arrived at the ceremony riding an elephant.
"It was a drag, man. Let me tell you a thing about marriage. Marriage is a bond that can last up to 14 months. This is a sacred 14-month arrangement. Begins on an elephant. Ends in a newspaper," the British comedian said bluntly.
Surely, his ex-wife will not be amused of his mockery, most especially now that she is going through another heartbreak. Well from the start, what could have Katy expected from John Mayer who is known to be a womanizer? She may have been able to tie him on a leash for a few months but that's just about how long it probably takes before he struggles to get loose.
An insider told US Weekly that the 28-year-old is taking the breakup hard. Their first split occurred last year and they quickly reconciled in a month's time.
"She's sad. She's been hiding out and leaning on close friends," the source said.
While Katy is hibernating, Mayer displays no sign of sadness at all. Mayer was spotted at Eveleigh in West Hollywood over the weekend. Onlookers said that the singer appears to be in "great spirit" who was with a female companion that time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions