Russell Brand Opens Up About Marriage to Katy Perry: 'That marriage was shaky'
By Czarina Malleta | March 21, 2013 4:23 PM EST
During the same week that Katy Perry's split with John Mayer, Russell Brand decides to spill a bit of details about his "shaky" marriage with the "Fireworks" singer.
It was a rough week for Katy Perry. News broke out that her relationship with John Mayer ended once again, this time there might be no turning back. Ironically though, just after her split, her ex-husband Russell Brand chooses to reminisce on what he describes as their "shaky" marriage.
37-year-old Brand who was co-hosting XFM Teenage Cancer Trust show last Tuesday was teased by his fellow hosts on his short marriage to Katy Perry. In his defense, Russell said that his marriage to the singer was problematic from the very beginning.
"That marriage was shaky from the get-go, before I'd even got off the elephant," Russell said.
He married Katy Perry back in 2010 in a traditional Indian wedding procession. Brand even arrived at the ceremony riding an elephant.
"It was a drag, man. Let me tell you a thing about marriage. Marriage is a bond that can last up to 14 months. This is a sacred 14-month arrangement. Begins on an elephant. Ends in a newspaper," the British comedian said bluntly.
Surely, his ex-wife will not be amused of his mockery, most especially now that she is going through another heartbreak. Well from the start, what could have Katy expected from John Mayer who is known to be a womanizer? She may have been able to tie him on a leash for a few months but that's just about how long it probably takes before he struggles to get loose.
An insider told US Weekly that the 28-year-old is taking the breakup hard. Their first split occurred last year and they quickly reconciled in a month's time.
"She's sad. She's been hiding out and leaning on close friends," the source said.
While Katy is hibernating, Mayer displays no sign of sadness at all. Mayer was spotted at Eveleigh in West Hollywood over the weekend. Onlookers said that the singer appears to be in "great spirit" who was with a female companion that time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Captain America 3’: Red Skull Returns, Greater Villains Added
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers
- ISIS Will Target the U.S. Power Grid, Former CIA Says; Could Tap Other Fellow Extremist Groups to Do the Job
- Jennifer Lawrence's Nude Photos Leaked on Find My iPhone, Apple 'Outraged' But Says Systems 'Not Breached'
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged