Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Updates: New Concept Points to 6.3-Inch Screen, 8-Core Exynos CPU
By Erik Pineda | March 21, 2013 11:43 AM EST
Now that the Samsung Galaxy S4 is out, all eyes and ears are attuned to the next big Android event and it's quite big - the Galaxy Note 3. Naturally, rumours about the much-awaited handset abound and here's a quick round up.
First off, a new phone concept from Deepak Ahuja envisions the upcoming phablet with a massive screen size - 6.33-inch to be exact that emits super clear video and still images via a Super AMOLED screen technology, with pixel density of 441ppi.
Note that the screen configuration is consistent with the latest buzz that Samsung will release a 6.6-inch screen handset that fits into the GamePad it debuted last week with the Galaxy S4.
The Note 3, according to Mr Ahuja, packs immense powers that will be drawn from an 8-core Exynos Octa CPU that is actually a combination of two chipsets - a main 1.7GHz ARM Cortex A15 chip that handles the device's main computing duties.
Backing it up is a 1.2GHz ARM Cortex A9, which will only come into play when Note 3 users are into extensive computing mode like high-graphic gaming. To ensure its zippy operation, the new phablet will get RAM provisions of 3GB.
The main snapper is 13MP that plays in tandem with a 2.1MP front cam. To support longer hours of operation, Mr Ahuja is convinced that Samsung will deploy a 3700mAh battery with the Note 3 package.
And like the S4 before it, the Note 3 will rollout in three storage models: 16GB, 32GB and 64GB.
Now the big question is: When exactly is the Note 3 coming out? SamMobile claims to have an answer, suggesting that the Samsung phablet will be unpacked via the IFA event in Berlin, Germany on the second half of 2013.
While the news is not fresh at all, SamMobile insists on the credibility of its source, who added that along with the other Samsung flagship handset the Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 and the Galaxy Tab 3 Plus will be seen first in the same event.
And by the time the Note 3 hits store shelves, one of the initial recipients are American buyers, according to UberGizmo, which reported that top-level Samsung and AT&T officials are meeting in Seoul soon to discuss the U.S. release of the mammoth Android handset.
The same report indicated too that Samsung is set to present the final design of the Note 3 that sports a 5.9-inch screen display. Save for the screen spec, no other details were provided, pointing to the possibility that the phablet remains a work in progress, at least for the inner components.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Coming Out Gay Defies Corporate Norm: Tech Execs Applaud Inspiring Essay
- Bombshell, Shocking And Wild Read: Jefferies & Co. Sage Kelly Forces Wife To Have Sex With Clients For A Deal
- Russia Succeeds Where US Fails: ISS NASA Antares Rocket Explosion Meant to Happen; Russia Successfully Launches Cargo Ship
- The Cost Of Getting Infected With Ebola
- Walmart Sells ‘Fat Girl Costumes’ for Halloween
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists