Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Updates: New Concept Points to 6.3-Inch Screen, 8-Core Exynos CPU
By Erik Pineda | March 21, 2013 11:43 AM EST
Now that the Samsung Galaxy S4 is out, all eyes and ears are attuned to the next big Android event and it's quite big - the Galaxy Note 3. Naturally, rumours about the much-awaited handset abound and here's a quick round up.
First off, a new phone concept from Deepak Ahuja envisions the upcoming phablet with a massive screen size - 6.33-inch to be exact that emits super clear video and still images via a Super AMOLED screen technology, with pixel density of 441ppi.
Note that the screen configuration is consistent with the latest buzz that Samsung will release a 6.6-inch screen handset that fits into the GamePad it debuted last week with the Galaxy S4.
The Note 3, according to Mr Ahuja, packs immense powers that will be drawn from an 8-core Exynos Octa CPU that is actually a combination of two chipsets - a main 1.7GHz ARM Cortex A15 chip that handles the device's main computing duties.
Backing it up is a 1.2GHz ARM Cortex A9, which will only come into play when Note 3 users are into extensive computing mode like high-graphic gaming. To ensure its zippy operation, the new phablet will get RAM provisions of 3GB.
The main snapper is 13MP that plays in tandem with a 2.1MP front cam. To support longer hours of operation, Mr Ahuja is convinced that Samsung will deploy a 3700mAh battery with the Note 3 package.
And like the S4 before it, the Note 3 will rollout in three storage models: 16GB, 32GB and 64GB.
Now the big question is: When exactly is the Note 3 coming out? SamMobile claims to have an answer, suggesting that the Samsung phablet will be unpacked via the IFA event in Berlin, Germany on the second half of 2013.
While the news is not fresh at all, SamMobile insists on the credibility of its source, who added that along with the other Samsung flagship handset the Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 and the Galaxy Tab 3 Plus will be seen first in the same event.
And by the time the Note 3 hits store shelves, one of the initial recipients are American buyers, according to UberGizmo, which reported that top-level Samsung and AT&T officials are meeting in Seoul soon to discuss the U.S. release of the mammoth Android handset.
The same report indicated too that Samsung is set to present the final design of the Note 3 that sports a 5.9-inch screen display. Save for the screen spec, no other details were provided, pointing to the possibility that the phablet remains a work in progress, at least for the inner components.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More