'Dancing With The Stars' Carrie Ann Inaba's Dad Dies Days Before Show's Premiere
By Maria Vultaggio | March 21, 2013 11:18 AM EST
“Dancing With The Stars” judge Carrie Ann Inaba explained a devastating event in her personal life that occurred just days before the show’s season premiere.
Inaba, who has been a judge on the ABC series since its start, recently revealed in a blog post that her father, Rodney Y. Inaba, had died in the days leading up to the premiere of the show.
"Last night was very emotional for me," divulged Inaba in an extremely personal blog posted to People.com on Tuesday.
"My father, Rodney Y. Inaba passed away this past Thursday morning and it's been a really challenging time. Losing a loved one is something that is so very hard to understand and cope with. I'm filled with a tremendous sadness but also a relief for he is in a better place now," she wrote.
Later in the blog post Inaba honored her father's memory and also thanked him for the things he had given her in life. She also disclosed she might not have made it to the show on Monday.
"But I felt my father's spirit was with me last night, supporting me and cheering me on," she explained. "And I dedicated the show to him, in gratitude for all that he taught me about life; for his bravery, his courage, his huge heart and his love for the underdog."
Additionally, Inaba thanked her fellow "DWTS" judges Len Goodman and Bruno Tonioli, and also included the staff members at the show for the support they’ve shown her during this sad time.
The judge will continue to appear on the show as 13 celebrities with their pro dancer partners vie for a chance to win the Mirrorball trophy of season 16.
Check out "DWTS" when it airs on ABC Mondays and Tuesdays at 8 p.m. EST.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying