The South Korean electronics giant, Samsung officially released Galaxy S4 with two different processors; its very own Exynos 5 Octa processor and Qualcomm's Snapdragon 600 at a grand event in New York March 14.
Unfortunately, not all the buyers will be able to enjoy the Octa processor as the company included it only for the international version of the Samsung Galaxy S4.
As expected the North American market will get the Galaxy S4 powered with Qualcomm's Snapdragon 600 processor chipset instead of the Exynos 5 Octa. It means the Canadian as well as the U.S customers will get the S4 powered with Quad-Krait 300 CPU cores with Adreno 320 graphic processor unit (GPU) instead of Cortex-A15/ A7 CPU cores and PowerVR SGX544MP3 GPU.
It seems surprising that while all other European countries was supposed to receive the device with Exynos 5 Octa processor, the Swedish market will get the Galaxy S4 powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 600 CPU instead.
To be clearer, Tele 2, one of the major carrier providers in Sweden has begun pre-orders and listed the Galaxy S4 with Snapdragon 600 chipset, which was believed to be available only in the North American market.
The Qualcomm is one of the leading manufacturers of powerful chipsets and the Snapdragon 600 will offer better performance and can compete with CPU of high-end rival smartphones.
The latest benchmark test from AnTuTu, indicates that the Galaxy S4 has a modest increase in overall performance of about 30 percent when compared with HTC One and Sony Xperia Z.
Key specifications of the Galaxy S4:
- Display: 5-inch at 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution with Gorilla Glass 3
- Processor: 1.9 GHz quad-core processor OR 1.6 GHz Octa-Core processor (depending on the market)
- OS: GoogleAndroid4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Rear camera: 13 megapixels
- Front camera: 2 megapixels
- Storage: 16/32/64 GB built-in, with a MicroSD slot for expansion
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth: Version 4.0
- Battery: 2,600 mAh
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Gesture, Geomagnetic, Gyro, NFC, Proximity, Temperature and Humidity, and RGB light.
- Weight: 130 grams
- Thickness: 7.9mm
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail: