Ford EcoSport Hits China; India Launch Awaited
By greeshma m | March 20, 2013 9:38 PM EST
American automotive company Ford on Tuesday unveiled its EcoSport SUV in China with a price ranging from 94,800 yuan to 127,800 yuan. Ford had earlier begun the manufacturing of the SUV for the Chinese market in a joint venture with Chang'an.
The company is initially offering six models of EcoSport in China. The SUV's dimensions are 4,280mm in length and 1,785mm in width - slightly bigger than that of the models for the Brazilian market.
With the launch of new SUV Ford is hoping for a comeback in the Chinese auto market which they had lost to auto majors GM and Volkswagen. China Car Times reported that EcoSport will be a success in China over the next few months and could also make it to the list of top ten SUV sales.
For the Indian market which is yet to see the EcoSport launch, the petrol variant of the vehicle is likely to be priced between ₹5.99 lakh and ₹6.25 lakh, and the diesel models from ₹6.99 lakh to ₹7.25 lakh. The India-bound model will pack a 1-litre EcoBoost petrol engine or the 1.5L diesel engine.
EcoSport will be priced competitively in India. The cost may be further lowered with the company reportedly planning on local production of car engines for the SUV.
Ford India is yet to confirm the launch date of EcoSoprt even after it made its global debut. Recent reports suggest that the car will launch in the subcontinent by June.
"After completion of the campaign, the company will formally launch EcoSport in the Indian market. Most probably by June end it will be launched," a source told PTI.
Meanwhile, Ford India's marketing campaigns have drawing huge crowds to malls and various other places across the country, indicating great demand for the car.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports