Ford EcoSport Hits China; India Launch Awaited
By greeshma m | March 20, 2013 9:38 PM EST
American automotive company Ford on Tuesday unveiled its EcoSport SUV in China with a price ranging from 94,800 yuan to 127,800 yuan. Ford had earlier begun the manufacturing of the SUV for the Chinese market in a joint venture with Chang'an.
The company is initially offering six models of EcoSport in China. The SUV's dimensions are 4,280mm in length and 1,785mm in width - slightly bigger than that of the models for the Brazilian market.
With the launch of new SUV Ford is hoping for a comeback in the Chinese auto market which they had lost to auto majors GM and Volkswagen. China Car Times reported that EcoSport will be a success in China over the next few months and could also make it to the list of top ten SUV sales.
For the Indian market which is yet to see the EcoSport launch, the petrol variant of the vehicle is likely to be priced between ₹5.99 lakh and ₹6.25 lakh, and the diesel models from ₹6.99 lakh to ₹7.25 lakh. The India-bound model will pack a 1-litre EcoBoost petrol engine or the 1.5L diesel engine.
EcoSport will be priced competitively in India. The cost may be further lowered with the company reportedly planning on local production of car engines for the SUV.
Ford India is yet to confirm the launch date of EcoSoprt even after it made its global debut. Recent reports suggest that the car will launch in the subcontinent by June.
"After completion of the campaign, the company will formally launch EcoSport in the Indian market. Most probably by June end it will be launched," a source told PTI.
Meanwhile, Ford India's marketing campaigns have drawing huge crowds to malls and various other places across the country, indicating great demand for the car.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
- Grimm Season 4 Spoilers: Comic-Con Answers Served, Nick 'Un-Grimmed' Affects His Wesen Friends' Honeymoon
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast