Ford EcoSport Hits China; India Launch Awaited
By greeshma m | March 20, 2013 9:38 PM EST
American automotive company Ford on Tuesday unveiled its EcoSport SUV in China with a price ranging from 94,800 yuan to 127,800 yuan. Ford had earlier begun the manufacturing of the SUV for the Chinese market in a joint venture with Chang'an.
The company is initially offering six models of EcoSport in China. The SUV's dimensions are 4,280mm in length and 1,785mm in width - slightly bigger than that of the models for the Brazilian market.
With the launch of new SUV Ford is hoping for a comeback in the Chinese auto market which they had lost to auto majors GM and Volkswagen. China Car Times reported that EcoSport will be a success in China over the next few months and could also make it to the list of top ten SUV sales.
For the Indian market which is yet to see the EcoSport launch, the petrol variant of the vehicle is likely to be priced between ₹5.99 lakh and ₹6.25 lakh, and the diesel models from ₹6.99 lakh to ₹7.25 lakh. The India-bound model will pack a 1-litre EcoBoost petrol engine or the 1.5L diesel engine.
EcoSport will be priced competitively in India. The cost may be further lowered with the company reportedly planning on local production of car engines for the SUV.
Ford India is yet to confirm the launch date of EcoSoprt even after it made its global debut. Recent reports suggest that the car will launch in the subcontinent by June.
"After completion of the campaign, the company will formally launch EcoSport in the Indian market. Most probably by June end it will be launched," a source told PTI.
Meanwhile, Ford India's marketing campaigns have drawing huge crowds to malls and various other places across the country, indicating great demand for the car.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family