Ford EcoSport Hits China; India Launch Awaited
By greeshma m | March 20, 2013 9:38 PM EST
American automotive company Ford on Tuesday unveiled its EcoSport SUV in China with a price ranging from 94,800 yuan to 127,800 yuan. Ford had earlier begun the manufacturing of the SUV for the Chinese market in a joint venture with Chang'an.
The company is initially offering six models of EcoSport in China. The SUV's dimensions are 4,280mm in length and 1,785mm in width - slightly bigger than that of the models for the Brazilian market.
With the launch of new SUV Ford is hoping for a comeback in the Chinese auto market which they had lost to auto majors GM and Volkswagen. China Car Times reported that EcoSport will be a success in China over the next few months and could also make it to the list of top ten SUV sales.
For the Indian market which is yet to see the EcoSport launch, the petrol variant of the vehicle is likely to be priced between ₹5.99 lakh and ₹6.25 lakh, and the diesel models from ₹6.99 lakh to ₹7.25 lakh. The India-bound model will pack a 1-litre EcoBoost petrol engine or the 1.5L diesel engine.
EcoSport will be priced competitively in India. The cost may be further lowered with the company reportedly planning on local production of car engines for the SUV.
Ford India is yet to confirm the launch date of EcoSoprt even after it made its global debut. Recent reports suggest that the car will launch in the subcontinent by June.
"After completion of the campaign, the company will formally launch EcoSport in the Indian market. Most probably by June end it will be launched," a source told PTI.
Meanwhile, Ford India's marketing campaigns have drawing huge crowds to malls and various other places across the country, indicating great demand for the car.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- New Zealand's Largest Snack Food Company Bought for NZ$700 Million
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People