Ford EcoSport Hits China; India Launch Awaited
By greeshma m | March 20, 2013 9:38 PM EST
American automotive company Ford on Tuesday unveiled its EcoSport SUV in China with a price ranging from 94,800 yuan to 127,800 yuan. Ford had earlier begun the manufacturing of the SUV for the Chinese market in a joint venture with Chang'an.
The company is initially offering six models of EcoSport in China. The SUV's dimensions are 4,280mm in length and 1,785mm in width - slightly bigger than that of the models for the Brazilian market.
With the launch of new SUV Ford is hoping for a comeback in the Chinese auto market which they had lost to auto majors GM and Volkswagen. China Car Times reported that EcoSport will be a success in China over the next few months and could also make it to the list of top ten SUV sales.
For the Indian market which is yet to see the EcoSport launch, the petrol variant of the vehicle is likely to be priced between ₹5.99 lakh and ₹6.25 lakh, and the diesel models from ₹6.99 lakh to ₹7.25 lakh. The India-bound model will pack a 1-litre EcoBoost petrol engine or the 1.5L diesel engine.
EcoSport will be priced competitively in India. The cost may be further lowered with the company reportedly planning on local production of car engines for the SUV.
Ford India is yet to confirm the launch date of EcoSoprt even after it made its global debut. Recent reports suggest that the car will launch in the subcontinent by June.
"After completion of the campaign, the company will formally launch EcoSport in the Indian market. Most probably by June end it will be launched," a source told PTI.
Meanwhile, Ford India's marketing campaigns have drawing huge crowds to malls and various other places across the country, indicating great demand for the car.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border