Top 5 Reasons Why Samsung Galaxy S3 Remains a Must-Buy Android Smartphone
By Erik Pineda | March 20, 2013 3:03 PM EST
Side by side, Samsung's Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S3 look identical and users will only notice the difference once they get the chance to explore what's inside the guts.
By then, of course, it will be realised that the S4 tops the S3 in every respect but even when overshadowed by its fresher sibling, the latter is far from being finished. It has the chops to make a compelling buy.
And amidst the attention trained on the S4, the Galaxy S3 still packs the tools and the muscles that will satisfy buyers, especially those looking to score value-buys and cool gadgets at the same time.
Here we list down the lingering attractions you'll surely love about the outgoing Samsung flagship:
The S4 look
Early reviews of the new Samsung top-notch handset agreed on one thing - the Galaxy S4 hardly deviates from the S3 in the look department. S3 buyers will bless Samsung for this as they are getting almost the same handset but of course with scaled down internals, which is hardly noticeable for the average smartphone buyers.
The S4 features and functions
Or at least, most of them at the moment but eventually Samsung intends to extend the new smartphone features it introduced with the S4 to other Galaxy models and the Galaxy S3 is part of that list.
One Samsung official has declared that so long as hardware specs would permit, the new Smart and Premium Suite features will make it to earlier handset variants and obviously the S3 possess all the qualities to become a candidate. In no time, it is expected that the S3 will behave almost in the same manner like its younger brother.
Key Lime Pie
A new report from SamMobile listed the S3 as the among the Samsung handsets that will get the Key Lime Pie release from Google by mid-2013. JellyBean charmed its way to millions of Android fans (and even iOS converts) and that tradition will be sustained and upgraded by the upcoming KLP or Android 5.0 experience.
It should be comforting for existing and future Galaxy S3 owners that they'll be part of the KLP crowd.
Promised S3 refresh from Samsung
It was reported earlier that Samsung plans new tweaks for the Galaxy S3 that will bump up the handset's screen attributes, give it longer operating hours with a higher rated battery and wireless charging capability.
The move proves that Samsung eyes more possibilities for the handset that delivered more than 40 million buys to the company. No curtain calls for now as far as the S3 concerned and buyers can look forward for more exciting moments with the top-tier Android device.
More affordable Galaxy S3
This is almost automatic. It is a generation old and it will offer both power and price cutbacks to become an easy lure. At present, retailers and distributors dangle the S3 between a penny and $50, making it hard for gadget buyers to resist the temptation. And things will only get better in the months ahead, analysts said.
With more price drops coming on its way, the Galaxy S3 poses a tough challenge even for the S4, which should start retailing at around $200 with contract. Remember that during the 2012 holiday quarter, the iPhone 4S racked up enough sales to even outpaced the Samsung device.
Samsung will be served well to follow that model but more so consumers get to feel the benefits.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Update: Maisie Williams Talks Arya Stark, Lady Stoneheart, and Surprises
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell