HTC Delays Release of Flagship Smartphone Due to Parts Shortage
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 20, 2013 2:24 PM EST
The Wall Street Journal reported that several retailers and telecom operators, including Vodafone, had been informed by HTC of the shipment delays. The initial roll out date was set for the third week of March, but HTC pushed back the release date.
"The company has a problem managing its component suppliers as it has changed its order forecasts dramatically and frequently following last year's unexpected slump in shipments. HTC has had difficulty in securing adequate camera components as it is no longer a tier-one customer," The Wall Street Journal quoted an HTC official.
HTC announced the flagship on Feb 19 amid speculations that there were poor yields on HTC One's UltraPixel camera modules and aluminium unibody casings.
Although HTC did not confirm the accuracy of the shipment delay rumours, it said the pre-orders would be fulfilled by the end of March in selected countries, while in other markets the release date has been set for April.
HTC One will be sold in the U.S. by AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile, but the parts shortage problem may delayed the expected third week of March release date.
The flagship phone is have a quad-core 1.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 chipset, a 4.7-inch screen, 1,920x1,080 pixels, 468ppi, TFT LCD screen, Krait 300 CPU, 2,300mAh battery, 2GB RAM and 32GB/64GB internal storage and 2.1 megapixel front camera and 4 megapixel rear shooter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?