HTC Delays Release of Flagship Smartphone Due to Parts Shortage
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 20, 2013 2:24 PM EST
The Wall Street Journal reported that several retailers and telecom operators, including Vodafone, had been informed by HTC of the shipment delays. The initial roll out date was set for the third week of March, but HTC pushed back the release date.
"The company has a problem managing its component suppliers as it has changed its order forecasts dramatically and frequently following last year's unexpected slump in shipments. HTC has had difficulty in securing adequate camera components as it is no longer a tier-one customer," The Wall Street Journal quoted an HTC official.
HTC announced the flagship on Feb 19 amid speculations that there were poor yields on HTC One's UltraPixel camera modules and aluminium unibody casings.
Although HTC did not confirm the accuracy of the shipment delay rumours, it said the pre-orders would be fulfilled by the end of March in selected countries, while in other markets the release date has been set for April.
HTC One will be sold in the U.S. by AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile, but the parts shortage problem may delayed the expected third week of March release date.
The flagship phone is have a quad-core 1.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 chipset, a 4.7-inch screen, 1,920x1,080 pixels, 468ppi, TFT LCD screen, Krait 300 CPU, 2,300mAh battery, 2GB RAM and 32GB/64GB internal storage and 2.1 megapixel front camera and 4 megapixel rear shooter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation