iPhone 6, iPhone 5S to Pack Killer Features to Beat Samsung Galaxy S4?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | March 20, 2013 1:25 PM EST
In an interview with CNBC on Monday, Morgan Stanley's Katy Huberty said that she expects the next-generation iPhone to spark a big comeback for Apple.
"I do believe that AAPL is approaching a bottom," she said, referring to Apple's struggling share price. "As you have heard, they are talking about returning more cash, and we think they will do that in the coming weeks. But people don't own AAPL for that. They own AAPL for innovation."
"You saw Samsung Galaxy S4 come out last week that shows you the innovation cards are up for grabs. What is lacking in that product [the S4] is a killer feature. We think that's where Apple will surprise this year. This [iPhone] 5S cycle this year will be about a killer feature that drives consumers increasingly to the platform, and that increases the value of those 500 million [iOS] accounts," she added.
The next version of the iPhone will be home to a killer software feature, a noted analyst claims, amid industry sniping that the iOS operating system that powers the handset is looking a mite tired.
Apple are expected to include an improved camera in the iPhone 6 and/or iPhone 5S which is rumoured to be capable of taking "Super HD" pictures. In order to take snaps at that resolution it'll need to have at least a 13 mega-pixel camera.
The lack of NFC support on the iPhone 5 was one of the biggest criticisms aimed at Apple's smartphone. Rumours suggest that the iPhone 5S could include support for the contact-less technology which can be used to pay for items in retail stores. Other features rumoured to be included in the handset is the A7 quad core chip processor, Retina or IGZO screen display among others.
The smartphones are rumoured to be released August this year. However, the Cupertino-based company remained tight-lipped on the details of the upcoming smartphones.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles