iPhone 6, iPhone 5S Release Date Soon; Will Feature Incredible Screen Display with Stylus?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | March 19, 2013 5:49 PM EST
According to Patently Apple, Sharp Corp developed an advanced display technology that allows users to write on the screen even with the use of an ordinary pen or pencil.
The report stated, "Sharp Corp has developed a new display technology that brings up to eight times higher sensitivity to a capacitive touch panel. The technology will be able to be used on 5-inch displays for smartphones and scale through to 60-inch for HDTVs."
Moreover, the upcoming iPhone 6 is rumoured to come with its own S-Pen stylus similar to that of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, according to the new patents filed by Apple.
Tech giant Apple filed three new patents that give hint that the upcoming smartphones may enter the phablet category and will make use of an S-Pen stylus.
In one of the patents filed, the stylus known as Indentifiable Stylus will have the capability to open the most used app in the device. Moreover, the stylus will automatically turn on and off in accordance to movement with the aid of accelerometer.
Another stylus patent filed by Apple can be turned into a camera/scanner device that could read bar codes through the touch sensitive ring around the pen.
Lastly, the stylus can be used to form a unique password in a device by making a specific motion gesture to the device like the iPhone to ensure security.
The stylus could be used to improve the hovering and touch capabilities of the device and saves power in panel devices.
According to PatentlyApple, "stylus orientation can be advantageously used to affect width and darkness of a resultant line displayed on the touch panel, thereby improving realism of the stylus experience."
However, the patents did not specifically mention which devices will come with stylus. But Apple fans can anticipate the inclusion of S-Pen stylus in future Apple devices.
Apple are expected to include an improved camera in the iPhone 6 and/or iPhone 5S which is rumoured to be capable of taking "Super HD" pictures. In order to take snaps at that resolution it'll need to have at least a 13 mega-pixel camera.
The lack of NFC support on the iPhone 5 was one of the biggest criticisms aimed at Apple's smartphone. Rumours suggest that the iPhone 5S could include support for the contact-less technology which can be used to pay for items in retail stores. Other features rumoured to be included in the handset is the A7 quad core chip processor, Retina or IGZO screen display among others.
However, the Cupertino-based company remained tight-lipped on the details of the upcoming smartphones.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 Reportedly Cleared by FCC: Five Fresh Features to Expect from Android Smart Phone
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 New Release Imminent as Apple Enters Mid-August Production with New 24-Karat Gold iPhone 6
- Richard Norris' Successful Face Transplant Lands Him in GQ Cover [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- A Mother Of Two Dies While Undergoing Stem Cell Treatment
- Breaking Discovery: Industrial Pollution Reached South Pole by 19th Century
- Human Guinea Pigs for Google Health Projects