Corporal Punishment: 6 Year Olds Chained, Forced to Clean School Toilet
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 18, 2013 3:57 PM EST
In a shocking incident, three students of Class 1 were chained and paraded around the school by their teacher who also made them clean the school toilet, on Wednesday in Dadar, a surburban area in Mumbai.
According to various reports, the six-year-old students of Antonio DeSilva School were subjected to extreme corporal punishment for fighting in the classroom.
The parents of the one of the three students lodged a complaint against the teacher on Friday alleging that their son was chained, paraded around the school.
"He was very scared when he came home, wouldn't tell us what happened. Finally when he told us, we approached the school authorities but when they did not reply satisfactorily, we registered a police complaint," his parents told CNN-IBN.
The parents also complained that the principle spoke in favour of the teacher who punished the children.
"They chained my son along with other students and paraded them in the school. My son was made to clean the toilets and was locked in a room... The school says that my son is lying and that no such incident has happened," the boy's father told NDTV.
Following the complaint from the student's father, police filed a case against the school headmistress and teacher.
"We have registered a case against the school headmistress and teacher under the provisions of the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act. We will see (if) some other charges can be invoked. We have not arrested them yet," deputy commissioner of police Dhananjay Kulkarni told Press Trust of India.
Police is recording statements from the student's classmates. Authorities are waiting for the medical report to find out if the child sustained any injuries.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brisbane Woman Performs Sex With Dog, Gets Charged With Bestiality
- Top 5 Halloween 2014 Costume Ideas For Teen Boys
- ISIS Parades 30 Sunni Tribesmen Before Shooting Them Dead In Iraqi Town
- Video Showing Woman Getting Sexually Harassed on New York Streets Goes Viral
- Early Heat Wave Breaks Records In Australia; Lighting Storms Spark Bushfires In Queensland [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family