Galaxy S2 Running Android 4.1, 4.2 Jelly Bean with Amazing Features, 10 Custom ROMs [Images, Videos]
By Ryan Inoyori | March 18, 2013 2:06 PM EST
The official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for Samsung Galaxy S2 recently leaked, and the works for its release is coming really soon. XDA developers came up with the Android 4.1 version as well, and it does seem to be free of bugs and believed to be the final version of 4.1.
Samsung said that the official version will be coming out very soon, and the leaks determined that the new firmware appears to be flawless. Galaxy S2 I9100 users who cannot wait any longer can obtain the ROM and flash it themselves to the device or rather wait for the real deal soon from Samsung.
In the United States, AT&T, T-Mobile, Spring and Verizon remain to have no commitments if their Galaxy S2 variants will receive an update soon. Hopefully, after Samsung released the official update, operators could rush the update for their customers.
CyanogenMod is the most popular version of Android custom ROMs and has released various updates to many Android devices. However, there are more custom ROMs aside from CM which you can use to get the Jelly Bean taste with more or less spice on it.
1. Space and Time 4.1.2 Jelly Bean: The new and first version for Samsung Galaxy S2 based on the Samsung leak XWLS8.
2. Omega v10 4.1.2 Jelly Bean: It is based on Android Open Kang Project or AOKP Build 5 with all latest updates built from scratch from AOKP Team and CM Team sources.
3. Slim Bean 4.2.2 Jelly Bean: An AOSP source compiled ROM for Galaxy S2.
4. Avatar ROM 4.2.2 Jelly Bean: Features minimal CyanogenMod and beautiful MIUI themes combined in one ROM.
5. Alliance ROM 4.1.2 Jelly Bean: A custom ROM made fully stable and constantly updated by its developers.
6. ThinkingBridge ROM 4.2.2 Jelly Bean: It is an Android aftermarket firmware which is built with the purpose to offer maximum stability, high performance, and an appealing UI.
7. Zero Bug 4.1.2 Jelly Bean: It features fast, smooth, and as soon as possible, a bug-free ROM. It includes the Beats Audio technology and Bravia Engine 2.
8. Vanilla RootBox 4.1.2 Jelly Bean: It is built straight from RootBox sources and carries very light installation without any extra or useless apps. It comes with pure Android UI combined with AOKP and CM features.
9. X-Treme CM10 4.2.2 Jelly Bean: Based on CM/AOKP latest build Android 4.2.2 JDQ39 with Aroma Installer 2.56 and X-Treme tweak features.
10. Xylon 4.2.2 Jelly Bean: Elegant, fast, simple minimal ROM featuring speed, battery, and fun. It is designed to be smooth and implies user-friendly style.
For more list of custom ROMs available for Samsung Galaxy S2, check the Galaxy S2 ROMs Web site.
All custom ROMs, screenshots, and videos mentioned above belong to their respective developers and owners.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
Host 'subweb.ibtimes.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL serverSELECT latest_id FROM site_artdata WHERE type='ib_articles_day2ago' Host 'subweb.ibtimes.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL serverSELECT tid as num FROM biztimes_stats.stats_articles_au_pop WHERE maincat_id='6' AND outkey='Y' AND tid> ORDER BY hits DESC LIMIT 15Host 'subweb.ibtimes.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL serverSELECT article_id as num FROM ib_categories_index WHERE tid=6 ORDER BY article_id DESC LIMIT 5
Host 'subweb.ibtimes.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL serverSELECT latest_id FROM site_artdata WHERE type='ib_articles_day2ago' Host 'subweb.ibtimes.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL serverSELECT tid as num FROM biztimes_stats.stats_articles_au_pop WHERE (maincat_id='1' OR maincat_id='2' OR maincat_id='6' OR maincat_id='7' OR maincat_id='9' OR maincat_id='24') AND local_id='0' AND typology_id<'11' AND tid> AND outkey_all='Y' ORDER BY hits DESC LIMIT 17Host 'subweb.ibtimes.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL serverSELECT * FROM table_info WHERE table_name='ib_articles' LIMIT 1Host 'subweb.ibtimes.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL serverSELECT id as num FROM ib_articles ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 5