PlayStation: Roundup of Releases for the Week
By Gilda Galang | March 18, 2013 2:04 PM EST
Halfway through the month of March and yet the parade of release are still not letting up as PlayStation brings new titles to the table including Assassin's Creed 3, The Walking Dead, Dead or Alive, and Capcom Arcade Cabinet.
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
Get ready to do everything you can to survive and live in this first-person action game of the hit TV series The Walking Dead.
According to GameSpot, the game will be tracking the Dixon brothers as they go countryside-crossing as they fight for their lives as scavengers while fighting off enemies and the undead.
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct is set for release on March 19 for PlayStation 3.
Assassin's Creed 3 "The Tyranny of King Washington: The Betrayal"
The hype of Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag is on a steady rise, but those who are still playing Assassin's Creed 3 may want to check the second DLC pack, slated for release on March 19.
Here, Connor will have the power of flight, taking the form of an eagle for short distance travels. It's another DLC that presents you a hypothetical scenario wherein a revolutionary war follows and ends with the crowning of George Washington who's drunk on power, reports Forbes.
Dead or Alive 5 battles its way to the PS Vita
One of the new modes this time includes "Tough Fight," which according to PlayStation Vita, gives players a first-person view of the fight. So you can now make use of different gesture controls while feeling the fight even more.
Combo challenge is also available, so you can take a closer look at your character, as well as learn the best moves to deliver that winning punch. It's a detailed tutorial that lets you get a hang of the fight before the actual round.
Gamers will also be happy to know that DOA 5 features cross-play and cross-save functions so you can switch consoles with no problem. Developer Team Ninja even makes this easier with identification symbols, so you won't forget which console you've saved the game in.
Capcom Arcade Cabinet: 4 games for release
It's a busy week for release as Capcom Arcade Cabinet features four games slated for the PS3 platform. According to PlayStation Lifestyle, there are four up for grabs, including Game Pack 3, Gun.Smoke, Section Z, and Ghosts n Goblins.
Capcom Arcade Cabinet features 1985 classics that give you a glimpse of the difficulty of (and eventual pride in winning) playing retro games. Empire State Gamer reports that Ghosts n Goblins puts you in the shoes of Sir Arthur as you fight monsters and aim to save the princess.
DLCs to choose from
The list of DLCs seems to stretch, with titles such as PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale leading the way, where you can get "Zeus," "Isaac Clarke," or "Graveyard" Stage, reports PlayStation Lifestyle.
Also up for release this week are Battlefield 3 "End Game," The Pinball Arcade "Star Trek: The Next Generation and Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational "Various Courses.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Facebook To Charge Users Of $2.99 Monthly Fee On November 1; Best Free Alternatives For Facebook
- Microsoft Promises A Better ‘Minecraft,’ Game To Come to Windows Phone
- The Pirate Bay Operations: 21 Virtual Machines Are Used To Run The File-sharing Website
- The Release of Xperia Z3 is Nearing Sony Slashes Price of the Xperia Z2 by $200
- The Best Smartphones Yet To Release in 2014
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border