PlayStation: Roundup of Releases for the Week
By Gilda Galang | March 18, 2013 2:04 PM EST
Halfway through the month of March and yet the parade of release are still not letting up as PlayStation brings new titles to the table including Assassin's Creed 3, The Walking Dead, Dead or Alive, and Capcom Arcade Cabinet.
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
Get ready to do everything you can to survive and live in this first-person action game of the hit TV series The Walking Dead.
According to GameSpot, the game will be tracking the Dixon brothers as they go countryside-crossing as they fight for their lives as scavengers while fighting off enemies and the undead.
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct is set for release on March 19 for PlayStation 3.
Assassin's Creed 3 "The Tyranny of King Washington: The Betrayal"
The hype of Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag is on a steady rise, but those who are still playing Assassin's Creed 3 may want to check the second DLC pack, slated for release on March 19.
Here, Connor will have the power of flight, taking the form of an eagle for short distance travels. It's another DLC that presents you a hypothetical scenario wherein a revolutionary war follows and ends with the crowning of George Washington who's drunk on power, reports Forbes.
Dead or Alive 5 battles its way to the PS Vita
One of the new modes this time includes "Tough Fight," which according to PlayStation Vita, gives players a first-person view of the fight. So you can now make use of different gesture controls while feeling the fight even more.
Combo challenge is also available, so you can take a closer look at your character, as well as learn the best moves to deliver that winning punch. It's a detailed tutorial that lets you get a hang of the fight before the actual round.
Gamers will also be happy to know that DOA 5 features cross-play and cross-save functions so you can switch consoles with no problem. Developer Team Ninja even makes this easier with identification symbols, so you won't forget which console you've saved the game in.
Capcom Arcade Cabinet: 4 games for release
It's a busy week for release as Capcom Arcade Cabinet features four games slated for the PS3 platform. According to PlayStation Lifestyle, there are four up for grabs, including Game Pack 3, Gun.Smoke, Section Z, and Ghosts n Goblins.
Capcom Arcade Cabinet features 1985 classics that give you a glimpse of the difficulty of (and eventual pride in winning) playing retro games. Empire State Gamer reports that Ghosts n Goblins puts you in the shoes of Sir Arthur as you fight monsters and aim to save the princess.
DLCs to choose from
The list of DLCs seems to stretch, with titles such as PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale leading the way, where you can get "Zeus," "Isaac Clarke," or "Graveyard" Stage, reports PlayStation Lifestyle.
Also up for release this week are Battlefield 3 "End Game," The Pinball Arcade "Star Trek: The Next Generation and Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational "Various Courses.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- PS4 News: Developments for Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered and a Possible New PS4/PS Vita Game
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Samsung Galaxy S3: How to Resolve Battery Drain, Random Reboot, Wake Lag and Slow Performance
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More