South Korean tech giant Samsung unveiled the successor of the Samsung Galaxy S3 - Galaxy S4 and wowed many critics and reviewers. The smartphone will battle head on with other smartphones in the market, especially with Apple's iPhone.
Samsung Galaxy S4 is equipped with Super AMOLED HD screen display with 1080x1920 pixel resolution at 441 pixels per inch trumps the iPhone 5's 1136x640 Retina display. The S4 has 2GB of RAM and will be available in 16, 32 and 64 GB models, with a Micro SD slot capable of housing up to 64GB extra storage space.
The new smartphone from Samsung will be available in Telstra, Vodafone and Virgin Mobile and will work on the 3G and high-speed 4G LTE mobile networks in Australia.
The S4 will run on the latest version of Google's Android operating system (4.2.2 Jelly Bean) and be powered by Samsung's new Exynos 5 Octa processor. However, the device will run on Qualcomm's quad-core chip in the US. The phone features an upgraded 2600 mAh battery, compared to the 2100 mAh batter of the Galaxy S3.
There is a need for Apple to step up the game and include some amazing features in order to beat the new Samsung Galaxy S4.
Apple is expected to include an improved camera in the upcoming iPhone 6 and/or iPhone 5S which is rumoured to be capable of taking "Super HD" pictures. In order to take snaps at that resolution it'll need to have at least a 13 mega-pixel camera.
The lack of NFC support on the iPhone 5 was one of the biggest criticisms aimed at Apple's smartphone. Rumours suggest that the iPhone 5S could include support for the contact-less technology which can be used to pay for items in retail stores. Other features rumoured to be included in the handset is the A7 quad core chip processor, Retina or IGZO screen display among others.
Below are the top five features that Apple should include in the upcoming iPhone 6 and iPhone 5S in order to beat the newly released Samsung Galaxy S4.
- Quad Core Processor - Samsung Galaxy has a quad core processor for US consumers and eight core processor for the international version. The iPhone 5 was launched last September with A6 dual core processor that is quickly bested by rivals which include quad core processors. The next generation of iPhone needs a faster and more powerful processor to further hasten the response and functions of the device.
- New Design - All previous generations of iPhone use a mix plastic, glass and aluminum. Although the new iPhone design is arguably the sleekest yet, fans complained that the iPhone was easily scratched and nicked. Thus, the new iPhone needed a fresh design. Moreover, adding fun colors will widen the options of the consumers and will attract younger generations of buyers.
- Better Screen Display - With the inception of bigger and better screen displays in the market, Apple needed to jump the bandwagon and equip the iPhone 6 and iPhone 5S with better screen display. Samsung recently joined the bandwagon and equipped the GS4 with an HD display, which makes it great for viewing videos.
- Amazing Camera - Some smartphones include higher megapixels camera as high as 13MP. However, larger pixels are not always the better. Apple needed an incredible software supporting its camera functions in order to create an amazing camera. Samsung Galaxy S4 included a 13MP rear camera that promises clearer and sharper pictures.
- Updated Operation System - The latest version of Apple's mobile operating system has been incredibly successful and most fans have given it favorable reviews. It's certainly less buggy that Android and is frequently the platform chosen by entrepreneurs to launch new apps on. Still, fans hope that Apple continues to add new features to iOS.
To contact the editor, e-mail: