Top 5 Features iPhone 6, iPhone 5S Need to Beat Samsung Galaxy S4
By Kristin Dian Mariano | March 18, 2013 11:14 AM EST
South Korean tech giant Samsung unveiled the successor of the Samsung Galaxy S3 - Galaxy S4 and wowed many critics and reviewers. The smartphone will battle head on with other smartphones in the market, especially with Apple's iPhone.
Samsung Galaxy S4 is equipped with Super AMOLED HD screen display with 1080x1920 pixel resolution at 441 pixels per inch trumps the iPhone 5's 1136x640 Retina display. The S4 has 2GB of RAM and will be available in 16, 32 and 64 GB models, with a Micro SD slot capable of housing up to 64GB extra storage space.
The S4 will run on the latest version of Google's Android operating system (4.2.2 Jelly Bean) and be powered by Samsung's new Exynos 5 Octa processor. However, the device will run on Qualcomm's quad-core chip in the US. The phone features an upgraded 2600 mAh battery, compared to the 2100 mAh batter of the Galaxy S3.
There is a need for Apple to step up the game and include some amazing features in order to beat the new Samsung Galaxy S4.
Apple is expected to include an improved camera in the upcoming iPhone 6 and/or iPhone 5S which is rumoured to be capable of taking "Super HD" pictures. In order to take snaps at that resolution it'll need to have at least a 13 mega-pixel camera.
The lack of NFC support on the iPhone 5 was one of the biggest criticisms aimed at Apple's smartphone. Rumours suggest that the iPhone 5S could include support for the contact-less technology which can be used to pay for items in retail stores. Other features rumoured to be included in the handset is the A7 quad core chip processor, Retina or IGZO screen display among others.
Below are the top five features that Apple should include in the upcoming iPhone 6 and iPhone 5S in order to beat the newly released Samsung Galaxy S4.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Childhood Obesity is Strongly Linked With Early Puberty: Study Reveals
- Why Internet of Things is the Next Big Thing for Tech Giants like Samsung, Google and Apple
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet