LG Nexus 5 May Feature 5.2-Inch OLED Screen, 16-megapixel Camera; Launch Likely in October
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 17, 2013 6:11 PM EST
The past year saw the entry of several big screens smartphones with high megapixel image sensors hitting the market. The latest to join the list of these imminent smartphones is the next generation Nexus smartphone.
The successor of Google Nexus 4 is rumoured to arrive with a 5.2-inch screen besides other impressive features.
According to Android and Me website, the successor of Google Nexus 4, likely to be called Nexus 5 may see a launch in October. The website which cited a person "who claims to work for Google" also posted an image of a phone. The informant is said to have confirmed this image as the prototype of the upcoming smartphone. Google is currently testing many of the prototypes for its Nexus 4 successor.
"The source claims that Google plans to release a Nexus 5 later this year (October 2013), and they are currently evaluating several prototypes from different manufactures. One of these prototypes is made by LG and it's currently using the codename "Megalodon"," reported Android and Me.
The leaked specifications of the LG Nexus 5 smartphone, codenamed "Megalodon," features a 5.2-inch OLED display with 1920×1080 resolution,16-megapixel rear camera with 4k video recording @30FPS, 1080p video recording @60FPS, Real Time HDR & HDR video recording, optical image stabilization, BSI 2.0.
The phone is expected to come with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 which is clocked at 2.3 GHz and pack a 3GB LPDDR3 RAM. Other specifications the smartphone may include are:
- Qualcomm RF360 (LTE 150 Mbps & HSPA+)
- Gesture like controls (navigation, zoom, etc)
- 16/32/64GB of internal storage
- 2.-meagpixel front camera (1080p video recording @30FPS)
- 3300 mAh Lithium Polymer battery
- Front positioned stereo speakers
- Integrated DVB-T / ATSC-antenna
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy