Xbox 720’s FOX Engine to Power PES 2014; Release date, News and Rumours
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 17, 2013 4:40 PM EST
Latest reports about Microsoft's' Xbox 720 is that the next generation console will power PES 2014 which is being developed with FOX Engine.
According to VG24/7, PES creative producer Kei Masuda who spoke to games magazine Edge said the plans for the upcoming PES 2014 and the transition to PS3.
"We couldn't really overhaul our old engine in the yearly development cycle," Masuda said. "The schedule was too demanding. We reflected on the difficult transition from PS2 to PS3 and could see the next-gen coming. We needed to make a new engine."
In another report, VG24/7 said that the sales of Wii U has been on a decline for the past couple of months and the holiday sales too did not go well. The report reported GameStop president Tony Bartel, Nintendo, as saying, "Following the holiday launch period, sales have been slower than we expected," he said. "Nintendo plans on launching some of their biggest IP over the next few months which we think will increase gamer interest."
"Software will play a big role in each console's success over the holidays.
"We're already seeing great developer and publisher support for PS4, so Wii U will need some great titles, especially first-party titles, to compete. There's also a need to increase consumer awareness of the new features available on the Wii U and its tethered tablet features," he added.
The countdown launched by Xbox official blogger Major Nelson for Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) had initially raised speculation that the company is gearing to unwrap Xbox 720 around that time. Microsoft is being tight-lipped about the launch and has not revealed much about the gaming console till now.
Meanwhile, analysts say that Xbox 720 will be a hit and outshine all the next generation gaming consoles. Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter said that features like Skype integration and TV service in the Xbox 720 will help the Redmond-based company to have an edge over other game console manufactures.
Among the speculated features in Xbox 720 are 8-core CPU, 8GB of RAM, 50GB Blu-ray disc drive and 800 MHz graphics card.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Down Under – Meet The First People To Have The Newest iPhones
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66