Robert Pattinson 'Totally Embarrassed' by Underwear Modelling Pictures
By Simi John | March 17, 2013 1:27 AM EST
The Twilight films made Robert Pattinson a worldwide heart-throb, but before fame came knocking, a 14-year-old Pattinson appeared in a Chinese fashion magazine modelling underwear.
Regrets? He has a few.
"He totally is embarrassed with those modelling shots and he thinks that they look horrifying. He was fine with it when he did them but looking back at them now, it's both a little funny and a little scary to see," a source told Hollywood Life, "His friends are definitely making fun of him over them."
The 26-year-old actor shot to fame as Cedric Diggory in the 2005 film Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire; three years later, he was cast as the mysterious Edward in Stephanie Meyer's Twilight trilogy.
"I wasn't shy, but Robert was! He barely spoke at all," British model Lucy Flower said of the 2001 photo shoot.
Having now safely put underwear modelling behind him, Pattinson is looking to do the same with his Twilight vampire image. His next film project, The Rover, is a thriller in which he co-stars with Guy Pearce.
Pattinson was spotted recently wearing a black shirt and brown pants covered in soil, for his role as a new recruit to a gang.
"It's added lots to the performance - being covered in dirt, pouring sweat, with tons of flies around, you lose your inhibitions quite quickly,'' he said on set.
On a personal front, Pattinson has reportedly told his on/off girlfriend Kristen Stewart not to visit him on set.
"Rob doesn't want her to visit, he felt like they needed space. He wants a break," a source told In Touch Magazine.
"She was calling and texting him constantly - if he didn't respond she would go off the handle. So he just stopped responding," the insider added.
Click here to take a look at the Pattinson's past modelling pictures.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 15, 2014: Liam Confronts Quinn About Her Secret Regarding Paris [WATCH VIDEO]
- Kylie Jenner Admits Butting Heads With Kim Kardashian And Reveals Plans To Move Out
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet