Ford EcoSport to Launch in June: Report
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 15, 2013 11:34 PM EST
Ford India has reportedly finalised the launch date of the much-anticipated EcoSport for June.
According to Business Standard Motoring, the compact SUV which had a soft launch on 15 March in Mumbai will arrive in India officially in June. The report did not reveal its source of the information.
"Ford India's next big bet is running a bit late, but now there is a launch month to it. The company is looking to launch the vehicle in June, as it hopes to make it its second largest selling product by volume after the Figo," Business Standard Motoring reported.
The EcoSport SUV will come with a 1-litre EcoBoost petrol engine which is expected to give 120bhp power, or the 1.5L diesel engine which would offer 90bhp. The petrol EcoBoost EcoSport is expected to deliver a mileage of 17 kilometres per litre. It was earlier speculated that the petrol variant of the SUV is likely to be priced between ₹5.99 lakh and ₹6.25 lakh, and the diesel models from ₹6.99 lakh to ₹7.25 lakh.
The public preview of EcoSport in Mumbai has begun at Infinity Mall, Malad West on 15 March. According to earlier reports, Bangaloreans will also get a chance to see the SUV between 28 March and 30 March at Mantri Mall, Malleswaram.
The car has been speculated for a release in India for quite some time. Of late, the company has rolled out a marketing campaign for the car in the country, indicating that its launch is nearing.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- #Bendgate: iPhone 6 Woes Prompt Apple To Show Device Torture Room
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Ello Pegged As The Anti-Facebook Social Network
- Microsoft To Have Its Own Retail Outlet in Manhattan
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate