Ford EcoSport to Launch in June: Report
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 15, 2013 11:34 PM EST
Ford India has reportedly finalised the launch date of the much-anticipated EcoSport for June.
According to Business Standard Motoring, the compact SUV which had a soft launch on 15 March in Mumbai will arrive in India officially in June. The report did not reveal its source of the information.
"Ford India's next big bet is running a bit late, but now there is a launch month to it. The company is looking to launch the vehicle in June, as it hopes to make it its second largest selling product by volume after the Figo," Business Standard Motoring reported.
The EcoSport SUV will come with a 1-litre EcoBoost petrol engine which is expected to give 120bhp power, or the 1.5L diesel engine which would offer 90bhp. The petrol EcoBoost EcoSport is expected to deliver a mileage of 17 kilometres per litre. It was earlier speculated that the petrol variant of the SUV is likely to be priced between ₹5.99 lakh and ₹6.25 lakh, and the diesel models from ₹6.99 lakh to ₹7.25 lakh.
The public preview of EcoSport in Mumbai has begun at Infinity Mall, Malad West on 15 March. According to earlier reports, Bangaloreans will also get a chance to see the SUV between 28 March and 30 March at Mantri Mall, Malleswaram.
The car has been speculated for a release in India for quite some time. Of late, the company has rolled out a marketing campaign for the car in the country, indicating that its launch is nearing.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc. Stock Surge Observed as Hedge Funds 'Feasted' Ahead of iPhone 6 Launch
- Small Businesses Claim Positive Financial Situation but Negative on Outlook
- Perfume Maker Elizabeth Arden Blames Poor Q4 Financial Results on Justin Bieber Scent
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features