Ford EcoSport to Launch in June: Report
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 15, 2013 11:34 PM EST
Ford India has reportedly finalised the launch date of the much-anticipated EcoSport for June.
According to Business Standard Motoring, the compact SUV which had a soft launch on 15 March in Mumbai will arrive in India officially in June. The report did not reveal its source of the information.
"Ford India's next big bet is running a bit late, but now there is a launch month to it. The company is looking to launch the vehicle in June, as it hopes to make it its second largest selling product by volume after the Figo," Business Standard Motoring reported.
The EcoSport SUV will come with a 1-litre EcoBoost petrol engine which is expected to give 120bhp power, or the 1.5L diesel engine which would offer 90bhp. The petrol EcoBoost EcoSport is expected to deliver a mileage of 17 kilometres per litre. It was earlier speculated that the petrol variant of the SUV is likely to be priced between ₹5.99 lakh and ₹6.25 lakh, and the diesel models from ₹6.99 lakh to ₹7.25 lakh.
The public preview of EcoSport in Mumbai has begun at Infinity Mall, Malad West on 15 March. According to earlier reports, Bangaloreans will also get a chance to see the SUV between 28 March and 30 March at Mantri Mall, Malleswaram.
The car has been speculated for a release in India for quite some time. Of late, the company has rolled out a marketing campaign for the car in the country, indicating that its launch is nearing.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date